WTF

old school

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ken Mantlo

Ken,

The great quote at the bottom of your signiture, Where or who is it from? I would like to tatoo it to my Senator's forehead.

Steve J.

The first one is from James Truslow Adams, the second - Irving Kristol, and the third is John Capuzzi.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vin, you're from India, right?  Is this true?

It was probably an occasion - independence day or something when this was shot. I may be wrong here, maybe this is the everyday thing at the main border post - where the Indo-Pak train line runs. 

On the other hand, a friend of mine went to a village in the border in Kashmir - which was broken into two parts by the borderline, when it was drawn. half lies on one side and the other half lies on the other side. 

The partition of India was not a great idea (imho) and was done with a lot of political/ethno/religious forces at work. there are lots of stories about the partition, especially those which tear apart families, traditional neighbors and friends for generations etc. 

The fanfare in the closing of a border IS absurd, but so does every armed force event in peacetime, imho. 

-vin

• 3 weeks later...