SD 888

Johnny Karlsson

1 hour ago, bcopenhagen said:

Think of it like  this:  you can route any input (whether digital or analog) to any channel , to any track.

INPUT –> CHANNEL -> TRACK

That’s not even mentioning the busses, which allows customized routing of channels to tracks or outputs.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks. I was trying to confirm that it is only 12 analog inputs. I know Paul already said that above but just wanted to double check. Somtimes channels and inputs get misconstrued in writing. Sorry, it's only Wednesday and it's been a really long week.

1 hour ago, bcopenhagen said:

Think of it like  this:  you can route any input (whether digital or analog) to any channel , to any track.

INPUT –> CHANNEL -> TRACK

That’s not even mentioning the busses, which allows customized routing of channels to tracks or outputs.

Indeed, I've already done funny odd configurations with my 833 such as sending my Input 3 to Track 1:

Just because it made sense to do in the moment! Is nice to have that level of flexibility. 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Does the 888 have a way to turn off the TC Clock after the unit has been powered off?

Like on the 633, holding the menu button for 5-6 seconds... Just in the interest of saving the TC battery life as well as shutting off the blinking blue light.

Can't find anything about this in the manual.

Does not work with the shortcut you described. Tested other combinations and buttons for up to 10 sec each... blue light keeps flashing

• 1 year later...

Hi! I'm reviving this thread.

I just bought a 888 and also got a ta4 to d-tap to power it in my backup bag (not from SD). When i plugged it in it didn't take any power from the ta4 but only from the 2 npf i have in the back. I am thinking the wiring of my cable might be wrong to power the 888.

My cable is wired like that: 1 and 3 Red, 2 Black, 4 Ground and on the d-tap side: +: Red, -: Black

Does anyone knows the ta4 correct wiring to power the 8 Series?

Thanks!

Ben

13 minutes ago, Ben B said:

Hi! I'm reviving this thread.

I just bought a 888 and also got a ta4 to d-tap to power it in my backup bag (not from SD). When i plugged it in it didn't take any power from the ta4 but only from the 2 npf i have in the back. I am thinking the wiring of my cable might be wrong to power the 888.

My cable is wired like that: 1 and 3 Red, 2 Black, 4 Ground and on the d-tap side: +: Red, -: Black

Does anyone knows the ta4 correct wiring to power the 8 Series?

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Ben,

You need to check the manual of the 888 as it does give the correct wiring information in there for any cables you may need. The ta4 should be wired pin 1 negative and pin 4 positive. No other pins should be wired up in the ta4 unless you want battery data (pin 2) and battery clock info (pin 3) but you wont get this from a Dtap.

Also unless you are using NPF/DV style batteries on the back of the unit I would recommend turning off the charging facility in the menu for these as it will lower the power draw of the 888 from whatever your source of power is thus making it last longer.

Thanks,

Nate.