Snap action or mechanical feedback on a holding fixture :)

WrineX

Well i was playing around with this contraption. after a long time i finally at least started testing tiny ideas i had for a project that keeps coming back at me. (in a good way) 

3 guesses what the purpose might be ;) i kind of spoiled it in the video but ok

Its about holding strength and how it feels (mechanical feedback) since i am no engineer i do it the old fashioned way.. just make it and see what it does :)

This is of course only proof of concept and the thing is only made to just test  how it feels and what i should consider to change in the basic design. since i cant model this. now i can measure how far the plates need to be to get the mechanical feedback i want (only for this particular material used in the test)

9 hours ago, Constantin said:

Watching this I thought how cool it would be if the charger had a similar mechanism to SD card slot. You know, where you push them in to lock them in place, and to release you push them again and they‘ll slide out themselves 

Hi Constantin all fine ?
Well i am afraid that would be to difficult for me :( but as you can see you get  a fit rather quick that wont loosen  the battery as is :)
im working on my v3 charger  first i have to make a version that works mechanically as i want with ease of construction  (and size since most buy one because of this feature) in mind since for me it was going wrong there in the one you own :) they look nice i think but , its hell of a work fiddling with all these parts. then speak with a guy that would be able to make me some PCB's  :) same specs as before at least thats the goal :) as for now im relaxing of the week working :) tomorrow anot
her day.

Hi Joppe, yes, I‘m all fine, thanks! I hope you are too?

Your charger, even V1 (?) is still working fine. And it already holds the batteries very firmly. I can shake just as wildly as you are doing in the video so the grip is firm enough, I think. The only thing that could be improved on, I think, is movement left and right once the battery is seated. Something when a batt is not firmly in place but leans left or right it won’t charge. Of course, the lights clearly indicate this and I can correct it then, but still that is the area that I would to see improved 

55 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Hi Joppe, yes, I‘m all fine, thanks! I hope you are too?

Your charger, even V1 (?) is still working fine. And it already holds the batteries very firmly. I can shake just as wildly as you are doing in the video so the grip is firm enough, I think. The only thing that could be improved on, I think, is movement left and right once the battery is seated. Something when a batt is not firmly in place but leans left or right it won’t charge. Of course, the lights clearly indicate this and I can correct it then, but still that is the area that I would to see improved 

yes new design will not use 2 fingers but will clamp it over the length. so you wont be having that problem also it is gone be loaded like a regular charger a hole that is the size of the battery :) as in the video. just mehcanics i wanted to try. not what im gone use but it is the idea :)