Star Quad cables for a Location Bag/Cart

Decay

So I am doing some reading on cables and star-quad cables have come up.  I am wondering if anyone has switched from balanced XLR to Star-quad inside of a Location bag/cart setup and found any noticeable/measurable difference?

Currently I am using an SD 633 with Lectro 411a's and when necessary, G4s of the 100 series.  

I was always partial to the Canare cables... flexible, silky smooth and a pleasure to work with. If your build them yo'self, the Starquad L-4E6S is about $0.50 a foot and L-2T2S two conductor is a little less, add about $5 for a pair of the Neutrik NC3XX XLRs and your good to go . I have not heard any issues with the two conductor Canare but most of mine are Starquad since the price is close and XLRs are easy to solder.  I use the Canare L-2E5 mini two conductor for cart and bag interconnects.

7 hours ago, Decay said:

So I am doing some reading on cables and star-quad cables have come up.  I am wondering if anyone has switched from balanced XLR to Star-quad inside of a Location bag/cart setup and found any noticeable/measurable difference?

Currently I am using an SD 633 with Lectro 411a's and when necessary, G4s of the 100 series.  

As others have suggested, there really is not much of any advantage using star quad in a bag... my 2 cents on this... 

FYI, I bought 4 different types. All the recommended cables here, and for our intents and purposes we will not hear a difference. The best cable is the thinnest and softest, but still strong. I suggest making two cables from different types of cable and having options. Once you get started it’s almost easier to make 3 cables than just one. 

Most pro pro audio cables provide some sort of RFI rejection. Just do not buy speaker wire from the hardware store. 

Cheers

D