Fujifilm X-T3- experiences sending TC and scratch audio?

I didn't find the X-T3 manual especially helpful, and didn't find much online either. So I turn to all of you:

Looks like I'll be working with an X-T3 mirrorless camera soon, though I'm not exactly sure what (if anything) I'll be sending to it. Does anyone here have any experience with that camera? I guess my main questions are:

1) For sending timecode, can I treat it like any other DSLR/mirrorless camera, or is there anything unique about this Fujifilm camera?

2) For sending scratch audio, same question. Anything odd? Is setitng levels fairly straightforward, or is there anything extra weird (or extra good) going on?

3) Anything else I should be prepared for?

Thanks!

Hi Jim:

I've been shooting with the XT-3 for the past nine months.

1. Are you sending TC via a Tentacle or just from your mixer?

2. Honestly for scratch, I use auto levels and a Røde Video Mic and it works fine. The Tentacle Sync E mic works too. The 3.5mm input is plastic so fragile so be gentle and minimize how many times you plug and unplug gear

3. For a mirrorless, I find the audio and auto levels in general decent and much better than many other mirrorless I've used.

Producers haven't nailed down what they want. I'm just trying to be a bit ahead of the curve.

1) TC- if we go that route, the plan is to send it from a Denecke JB-1. Depends on bleed, for one thing...

2) Scratch- if we go that route, the plan is to send a mix from my bag to the camera via wireless (either Lectro 100 or G3).

3) Audio in general- thanks. 

If I can attach a G3 to the camera somewhere I am happy.  If you are in the OCD mode you can set camera system time to as close as you can to slate TC. I think it would be evil to record linear analog time code on what is essentially a still's camera, any bleed would be onto the audio track and there would be no benefit to it.

Thanks Al. Ya, that's my basic approach to small still/vid cameras, too. But I was wondering more if there was anything especially good or bad about the X-T3. Like remember the GH2 (or something from that era) has a 2.5mm rather than 3.5mm audio jack...

Anyway, has anyone found any little happy or sad suprises with the X-T3?

6 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

Thanks Al. Ya, that's my basic approach to small still/vid cameras, too. But I was wondering more if there was anything especially good or bad about the X-T3. Like remember the GH2 (or something from that era) has a 2.5mm rather than 3.5mm audio jack...

Anyway, has anyone found any little happy or sad suprises with the X-T3?

XT-3 is a notch above average mirrorless/DSLR.

1. Camera features separate level settings for internal and external mics

2. Auto levels for scratch mic are decent, not too much pumping, I've used a Røde Video Mic in a pinch if I could get close to talent on gimbal and I had a seperate recorder that sounded better but the on camera mic would have been usable.

I've used my Tentacle Sync E with the XT-3 and I have skipped them and just used the multicam auto sync in FCP X and that works well too.

9 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

Like remember the GH2 (or something from that era) has a 2.5mm rather than 3.5mm audio jack...

yes, the GH1/GH2 has a 2.5mm input

But they're an abnormality, the vast majority of DSLRs/mirrorless have 3.5mm

Anyway, as for the X-T3, I'd treat it the same way as any other DSLR/mirrorless (personally my approach is put a Tentacle Sync E on it, which puts Aux TC to the left channel and a scratch track to the right channel). 

btw, the X-T3 is arguably "the best" mirrorless on the market for filming with! Makes a very nice image. So it is good they're going to use it on this project with you.

3 hours ago, Dan Brockett said:

I've used my Tentacle Sync E with the XT-3 and I have skipped them and just used the multicam auto sync in FCP X and that works well too.

A Tentacle is safer though, what if they're doing a car rig? Or a wide shoot outdoors on a windy day? Or any of a million other "gotcha" scenarios 

12 hours ago, IronFilm said:

A Tentacle is safer though, what if they're doing a car rig? Or a wide shoot outdoors on a windy day? Or any of a million other "gotcha" scenarios 

True, never hurts to be set with your Tentacle. For me, it just depends on what we are shooting, how it's being shot and who is editing it.