sciproductions

XL-AES - AES inputs for 8-series Sound Devices

On 11/27/2019 at 11:34 PM, chrismedr said:

they write available in December, no other info otherwise.

I hope they’re available that soon, but I don’t see that on the Facebook post. Just dates for the contest to win one: 11/27-12/15.

On 12/1/2019 at 5:50 AM, bcopenhagen said:

I hope they’re available that soon, but I don’t see that on the Facebook post. Just dates for the contest to win one: 11/27-12/15.

I was guessing (by the sounds of it incorrectly), this AES I/P module attaches to the interface on the large top surface (underneath the removable cover). Trying to figure where else this would connect. 

On 12/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, bcopenhagen said:

they mention december availability twice in the comments.

we'll see what this really means, but certainly seems that it will be possible to get them in the very near future.

@daniel

yes, Paul Isaacs mentions in one of the Facebook live videos that it will connect to the top connector, under the magnetic door. 

@chrismedr

good sleuthing. I didn't read comments. (In  actual fact, I don’t even have a Facebook account, if you can believe that!)

But it sounds like my plan to buy an 888+AES module before year’s end might be plausible. Even better if they went on sale for Christmas 😜

I know you can get the AES bottom for SR receivers but does anyone know of something like the PSC six pack that can output AES with slot receivers?  Only thing that comes to mind is the A10 rack which can spit out AES but obviously not good for mobile applications!

7 hours ago, BAB414 said:

Hoping this accessory gets you into channels 9-16 on the 888. There's no Dante gear on the market that I want yet.

Yes, into any channel, not just 9-16.

From the SD 888 thread:

Hopefully it will be less than $500.

And maybe a year-end sale to bolster 888 sales? Buy an 888, get an AES accessory for 50% 😁

Brian