Dan Brockett

Which Location Sound Mixers Have the Best Websites?

Hi all:

Looking for your recommendations on who you think has the cleanest, easiest to navigate location sound mixer websites with good, solid information, rates, credits, etc.

Thanks for any advice!

Dan Brockett

Thanks guys! I'll check 'em out. I've looked at Paul Buscemi's site http://www.buscemiarts.com/Site/Home.html since I have worked with him for years and he has a lot of good info. Just wondering if people are having success with really minimal, simple sites like 2-3 pages or more detailed sites.

Been studying SEO and it's fascinating how closely you can target who your website pops up in front of if you it's designed and promoted well.

Sorry for the self promotion. But I’ve been told a few times that my site “works” pretty good. ....I update it every so often. I feel it’s something that’s needed, but I’m not a fan of keeping up with it. Appreciate any thoughts. 
www.enotsmedia.com

Thanks for the links guys!

Jeremy, I really like the clean and simple design of your site, super easy to navigate and simple for time-constrained producers to get a quick idea of who you are what you can do for them.

Jon, your site is great too. A lot of info that appeals to the detail oriented producer looking at your gear, credits and vibe. Your blog entries are good reads too.

Keep 'em coming, this has been a very productive thread for me and hopefully for others. Marketing yourself is such a challenge, it's great to see how some of you are doing it.

Though my website doesn't have any information about rates –– and has just the most minimal amount of information about gear, clients, and credits –– I can count on the site bringing me at least one day of work each month.

Why?

SEO... SEO... SEO... SEO... SEO...

I've worked really hard at making my site rank at the top of page for anyone Googling the terms "Portland Location Sound," "Portland Sound Mixer," "Oregon Sound Mixer," "Oregon Location Sound Mixer," etc...  It's a slow process, and it's a very strategic process.  But strategy and effort allows me to pay my mortgage.

And, of course, here's my site: https://heysoundguy.com/