Small Cart - Bucket Boss

Paul F

I wanted a way to store some items at the top of my cart. I modified a Bucket Boss Bucketeer which happens to be the exact width of my cart. I shortened the height and moved the handle to the top. It gives me quick access to tools and other stuff on the front. In the back the transmitters and IEMs are ready for use. I wish it had one more pocket.

In the back is a folding chair and umbrella (mostly for shade). It has two drawers; a cable and mic drawer and a drawer for Rycote overcovers, moleskin, topstick,, etc.. I put my bag on the top shelf. The second shelf stores a tablet (used to control the mixer) and a battery unit that has 2-AC, 1-12v, and 4-USB outlets. I toss dead batteries in the box at the bottom and store my thermos and other items in the box. 20191127_150638.jpg20191127_150522.jpg20191127_150452.jpg20191127_150545.jpg.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you ever hurt your feet/legs on the back box between the rear wheels. Whole Foods uses two kinds of shopping carts and the shorter ones have storage about in the same location as that back box but probably up a bit higher. Their push bar also does not stick out much past the lower basket so I hit my shin on the lower basket of one and could not even move for 2 minutes. I want to know if I should avoid putting anything there in my production sound mixer cart design.

What’s the cup holders you are using?

The back box does not get in the way of my feet, but it does get in the way of going down stairs. The upper outer edge bangs into the steps so I have to hold the cart at a higher angle to prevent that from happening. It also has limited ground clearance. I'm going to improve that by making it protrude less. I only need the box to be about 2/3rds the depth it is for the chair, umbrella, and other bits.

The cup holders are marine cup holders you can find many places. Their fine for my coffee cup, but they aren't so good for my boom operator's travel mug (tall), it flops around. I've switched those out for these which work better - https://www.tnutz.com/product/ac-015-f/.