Schoeps MK41v

Brian Milliken

MK41 is typically the  super cardioid capsule...  We have used these for Dialog, indoors for YEARS!!!  Great mic...  The "V' Who knows....  I would think it is still a super cardioid mic...  The MK4 was the Cardioid pattern...

Hey Brian

I havnt used the MK41V but it is, as you probably know by now, the side addressed version of the more common (axially addressed) MK41. ie if booming from above the axis of the mic would be horizontal with the 41V.

I would look at the polar pattern etc on the schoeps site and maybe email schoeps as well to clarify, but I think there are some slight sonic differences with the pattern and freq response due to the way the capsule is housed. It seems like the regular MK41 cap would be more versatile.

Jon Chiles

If all is close to equal other than the side of mic thing, than the normal  MK41 would be a better choice..... 

In the event you want to sell it, it is better accepted and might bring a better opportunity for resale later....