wisycom

newzhack

Looking for some input about the Wisycom package deal right now for 3700 dollars. 

Question MTP40 or MTP41 transmitter?

Question MCR 42 or MCR 52 for bag use?

Question Any one using Sennheiser 5220 transmitters with these receivers?

thanks in advance. 

John in OKC

Hi

I use both MCR42 and 52. Great receivers, especially the 52 when I need to send 2 channels  to a small camera rig. The receiver is as small as a Sennheiser G4, but with much more flexibility and quality. The only thing to know is that the frequencies of both channels must be close to each other.

Only the 42 is a full diversity (4 complete receivers for 2 channels operation).

Finally, with the ability to emulate companders of other brands, you can easily use a Wisy receiver with Sennheiser Hidyn or HDX, Audio Limiter analog, or Shure and this is a very clever solution. 
As transmitters, I have the 40’s but found them a bit bulky. 

Just to be complete, I have used the EVO emulation with a G3 and this is working really well.   So I assume it is working well with the 5212 too.

I know a rental company who have replaced all their rack receivers by Wisycom’s but they kept their Sennheiser 5212 and Shure handheld so they can adapt to their clients needs. 

On 12/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, henrimic said:

Just to be complete, I have used the EVO emulation with a G3 and this is working really well.   So I assume it is working well with the 5212 too.

I know a rental company who have replaced all their rack receivers by Wisycom’s but they kept their Sennheiser 5212 and Shure handheld so they can adapt to their clients needs. 

I use my Wisycom with SK5212 in 'SEN' expander mode, SK2000 in 'EVO' mode and intend to use UR1m in 'SR' mode.

thanks a bunch. I am looking at buying two dual receiver packages before the end of the year. The deal is thru Jan 3rd. My only hesitation is that when a manufacturer has a discount like this they are about to release a new model?

I am leaning towards the smaller receiver for weight and it is 1000 dollars cheaper.

I did notice the larger transmitter is listed at 100 MW and the small one is not.

I use a SKP 3000 for my boom with a 3041 receiver and that system is working so good I am not going to mess with it. I could clean out my kit of a mixture of wireless systems and reduce the weight tremendously with the small dual receivers. 

I also have two Sennheiser paddle antenna's. Would they be of any use to the Wisycom? That would require an antenna distribution. I am thinking the receivers will be sufficient for what I do with just the supplied antenna. 

Thanks again for the feedback. 

OK $3795 for the MCR 52 but $4745 for the MCR 42.  I have one set with the MCR 42 and really like it so if I was to get a second set it would be with that.  I believe when I purchased this set originally it was even a better offer, but that was when they were first introducing Wisycom to the US market.

7 hours ago, zernicke said:

OK $3795 for the MCR 52 but $4745 for the MCR 42.  I have one set with the MCR 42 and really like it so if I was to get a second set it would be with that.  I believe when I purchased this set originally it was even a better offer, but that was when they were first introducing Wisycom to the US market.

MPR52 vs MCR42. Some significant differences: Weight, powering, diversity, linear compatibility, ergonomics.

Also been talk (for a while) of Wisy putting 4 channels in 1 box - lets see. I bought my MPR52 aware of those rumours but decided it was still a good investment as having all of the eggs (or channels) in 1 basket (box) would be very nice and the MPR52 would give me some redundancy if they do that.

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 12:01 PM, Claudia said:

Hi, do you know if the Wisycom MTP42 is also compatible with the Sennheiser SK6212 transmitters?

Don't think so. (If you mean MCR42. The MTP are Transmitters. In case you mean MTP I don't understand the question.)

The Sennheiser 6000 family talks Ones and Zeros. The MCR42 (and MPR52/30) understand a lot of compander modes from analog signals of other manufacturers, but not digital audio. 

On 12/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, VAS said:

Are you planning to use transmitters only for actors or you need to be flexible with boom? With MTP 40 you can have a wireless boom; of course with phantom power supply plug on. Otherwise MTP 41 is small which I like a lot.

This is not quite the case. Though Wisycom does not specify this as working, I've been booming a CMIT with MTP41(s?) and PHA48. The black Eneloop NiMh lasted <2h or so at around 0°C.

There might be other caveats or risks to do this.