SRa: sandtraps?

KenLac

I have two used SRb receivers in my 664 bag. I picked up the second last month after asking the same question. The dealer was offing SRa and SRb receivers for sale.

I was told by an engineer at Lectro that the SR and SRa versions are susceptible to receiving RF splatter from other nearby transmitters. This is due to the circuit board design something like only three layers of traces sandwiched between the multi-layered PCB. He said compromises were made from the 400 series receivers in order to fit the new  form factor of a slot receiver.

The SRb has more layers and better shielding. Since i use G3 hop transmitters and a Comtek transmitter in the same bag, I spent the little extra for the SRb.

Check the firmware version of whatever model you purchase. There are some bugs that the latest firmware resolves like reading transmitter battery levels.

4 hours ago, PMC said:

I was told by an engineer at Lectro that the SR and SRa versions are susceptible to receiving RF splatter from other nearby transmitters. This is due to the circuit board design something like only three layers of traces sandwiched between the multi-layered PCB. He said compromises were made from the 400 series receivers in order to fit the new  form factor of a slot receiver.

Wonder if wrapping the side of the bag the SR receivers are in with foil, and putting the IFB TX at the opposite side of the bag, would help?

Is this a specific SRA or are you asking generally?  Many SRAs were upgraded to SRBs because Lectro offered a very generous upgrade path.  The ones that were done in the States should have been laser etched with upgrade markings.  For those done in other markets, you'll have to rely on the seller's documentation.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin