Nomad mirroring corrupted card - intermittent white noise

misound

Anyone experienced this noise in the recording after mirroring on Nomad? I was using SanDisk Ultra Compact Flash 16 GB 50 MB/s and Transcend 64GB 800x as Primary. Processor speed Fast 1 on 7.81 Firmware. I tried to remirror on a Transcend 16GB 133x which is recommended by Zaxcom but still no luck. Luckily the Marf file was fine and saved the day. Any tips on how to fix it or I should just send the machine to the mothership?

Thanks in advance.

Marco

Thanks all for the feedbacks. Latest update: First of all I have gone down to processor speed Normal as John suggested and I discovered that the problem appeared only when using the Trascend 64GB 800x as primary in combination with sandisk ultra 16GB 50MB/s and Transcend 16GB 133x as mirror cards. Instead if I used the 16GB cards as primary the audio files are not effected after mirroring. So as you mentioned it could be a mirroring problem when the machine try to deal with different speed of cf cards. Do you still reckon I should upgrade to 7.81B? I have been really happy with 7.81 and I know there are added features and everything but I am a big promoter of not upgrading unless you really need to. I just would like to be able to use the 64GB as primary as it is very convenient.  

6 hours ago, misound said:

Thanks all for the feedbacks. Latest update: First of all I have gone down to processor speed Normal as John suggested and I discovered that the problem appeared only when using the Trascend 64GB 800x as primary in combination with sandisk ultra 16GB 50MB/s and Transcend 16GB 133x as mirror cards. Instead if I used the 16GB cards as primary the audio files are not effected after mirroring. So as you mentioned it could be a mirroring problem when the machine try to deal with different speed of cf cards. Do you still reckon I should upgrade to 7.81B? I have been really happy with 7.81 and I know there are added features and everything but I am a big promoter of not upgrading unless you really need to. I just would like to be able to use the 64GB as primary as it is very convenient.  

I too agree with the school of thought of not updating fw unless you have to - this sounds to me like you have to and is well worth it. Especially when recommended directly by the manufacturer

On 1/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, John Blankenship said:

Who is it you're not trusting -- me, or Howy, Zaxcom's ace programmer? 

7.81B is 7.81 with the mirroring issue fixed.

Going to a higher number (8.1, etc.) is where you get into different features.

Trusting you guys! I just wanted to double check after I had done my latest tests. 

Ill report back once on 7.81B. 

Thanks

On 1/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, misound said:

Trusting you guys! I just wanted to double check after I had done my latest tests. 

Ill report back once on 7.81B. 

Thanks

All back to normal after the upgrade to 7.81B. I will keep monitoring but so far so good. 

Thanks everyone for their inputs on this.