Roger Invisity Phonak Multiple Discreet Channels

BSDAudio

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with using the Phonak Roger in a situation with multiple talent on discreet channels?  I have 6 talent that production wants to talk to independently on a live internet broadcast with earwigs.  I plan to use some Phonak Invistys, but don't think I can get more than 4 to work reliably in the same location, at least that is the best I have done with the Invisitys in the past.   Rather than trying to load up the 216 band, I am looking at supplementing with the Rogers, and it would be nice if I could access more than one discreet channel in the 2.4ghz band.  

I am just trying to come up with the best combination to make this work.  I made add some ear loops with Lectro IFBs, as that would give me more options.  But the ear loops are sometimes not very pretty with t-shirts.  My preference is still the Invisity and/or the Roger, though.

Any input would be appreciated.  This was dropped on my on a Friday afternoon, and I am supposed to come up with a plan by Monday.  Fun.  Fun.

Bruner Dyer

Not cheap, (but neither is 6 Phonak systems) but Gotham sells a system called Digitear that can do up to 8 discrete channels of IEM in one system. https://www.gothamsound.com/product/digitear-4-channel-2-zone-iem-system

Not sure if they rent them out, but this seems to be what you need.

The neck loop and IFB is certainly the cheaper option... depending on budget and what gear you can get your hands on, it might be best to get a combo of the above.

Also, do they really need discrete channels? could they get by with 3 groups of 2?

Thank you henrimic and Shastapete for the ideas and feedback. I need discreet as all of the cues will be individually tailored. I will look into the Digitear, but I could see us going with a combo of Roger and Invisity, with a neck loop or 2 available with traditional Lectro IFB. Unfortunately, there is going to be limited set up and adjustment time, but I think I can work in enough options and contingencies. I am not a fan of using the Invisitys in a live environment, but that is what production and my high profile talent want. Their dependability has always been iffy on the productions I have used them on.  henrimic, would you consider the Rogers more dependable than the Invisitys?

18 hours ago, BSDAudio said:

henrimic, would you consider the Rogers more dependable than the Invisitys

I have to confess I never used the Invisitys so I couldn’t answer. But as far as I know the Rogers, I have to say it’s working better than expected. The level is not bad and the transmission is reliable in a range of about 25 meters indoor.