Location Umbrella

E.Rueff

Tracktor supply store or farm supply store are GREAT recommendations... The same can be bought at your sound supply for A LOT more:

I always ask for a full easy up on set....  ALWAYS get one....   When we are too mobile I simply find a shady spot....   When that is not possible, then I go to my umbrella....

The easy up from production is great for me and my Video assist buddy.....  I am more interested in keeping the gear out of the sun than myself.... Can't have the gear heat up!!!!!    (at least that's what I tell them!!!!! :) )     It's true too....    The direct sun makes it difficult to see for the two of us as well...

E. Rueff,    Is that a boom pole leaning against a fence?      Come on now!!!!!!  :)

Jeff Wexler,  How did you edit his post?

An EZ UP is a much better choice all-in-all.  Buy the most expensive model.  It's worth the extra money.  I have my original EZ UP which I bought more than 20 years ago.  Through thick and thin while the cheap ones don't last a whole show.  A new top every couple of years and good-to-go.

D.

I have a couple of beach umbrellas.  Bought them at Costco about 3 years ago.  I'm still using the first one, with the second for back-up.  They were under $20 each.  I see them at Big 5 Sporting Goods, but they seem to now be a little colorful.  Mine are plain blue.