comparing 2 sennheiser receivers g2/g3 vs ek2000

alidav

I have a made an A-B test between an Ek 100g2 and Ek 2000 both in range B with an SKP 2000 plug on with an Mk40 plugged. The only difference I 've noticed apart from the audio level (the g2 is unbalanced and 2000 is balanced) was a lower response on bass frequencies like a 50 Hz roll of was activated on it, but nothing so dramatic considering that I almost always use that cut generally.
Honestly, since I have 1 SK 2000, 1 SKP 2000 and only 1 Ek 2000 I need just a receiver to have 2 complete systems and already own some g2s receivers i same freq range.
What is your advice. 

The G2/3 SK100 Tx is fixed @ 30mA. The 2000 series Tx has selectable pwr outputs to 50 or 100 mA I think. The G2 portable Rx is non-diversity. The G3 has a secondary antenna (audio output cable) but it's not true diversity. Balanced vs. unbalanced is kind of a non-factor with short cable runs, I recall the EK 2000 series Rx has a HP out, so it can double as an IFB if needed.. the 100 series Rx would need an external HP amp. For a simple cam hop or secondary Rx, a 100 series G2/3/4 would work if in the same frequency block. Some of the presets would not be the same, but manually tuning is an easy option and can be saved to a 'user' bank,

Are we talking the bodypack receivers? I think that G3 got an update to the reciever in regards to having "diversity" compared to the G2, so should have a bit better reception.

The 2000 series have a HP output and is balanced. So has a slight edge to the G series. If I were to guess they might have a slightly better snr figure (the sk is using gold connectors for the battery which is a little step up from G2/3, so feels like there could be a minimal refinement in components even if it's not a practical difference)

I run two sk2000 with g3 receivers and are really happy with the results, barely get any hits for normal bag work, more than I can say for the G3s that I have to pull out when needing more wires. I think the 2000 receiver has a slightly wider tuning range if I recall correctly. 

In your position I would grab a G3/4 reciever unless you can find a cheap 2000. 

Hope that helps!