K-Tek pole tip replacement help

Q

Have any of you folks ever had to replace the threaded tip on a K-Tek Klassic pole?  Does the tip also get glued into the pole, or is it just held in by friction?

The tip on my pole has come loose and I figured I might just put a dab of thread locker on it, but then I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone else has dealt with this issue.

Also thinking about quick releases for the poles.  Anyone use them?

thanks

" and how are the KTek ones "

ah, well, since you ask:

the new K-Tek quick change units are an update on an older design by a boom op who designed them back in the last century, and is not in the marketplace any longer; K-Tek was reluctant to introduce their own product, as they admired this design and respect the individual; he has allowed K-Tek to use his design, and it is quite good; strong, quiet, quick and easy to use.  and with that recommendation, I urge contacting K-Tek for more information.

Brian, if i remember rightly, one of my poles had a slightly wonky tip, and Manfred told me that the tip was kept in place with some kind of super glue. it would be possible to use the same super glue to put the tip back in place. Only thing - i guess if you are doing it yourself (without a jig to keep the pole and tip in place) yo have to be careful so that the tip is absolutely straight.

-vin

Thanks Vin. The tip is threaded into the pole but there is nothing mechanical keeping it in as far as I can tell, so I figured it must also be glued in.  Vin's post about the glue is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Contacting the manufacturer is a good idea but a stupid answer to a question.

What caused the tip of the pole to need replacing? Did it get smashed and broken or just worn out?

The tip isn't bad or broken, it's just loose and tends to back out when I unscrew a couple of the newer mounts that I have.  The pole is completely usable, but a PITA to have to thread the tip back in before installing a new mount.

" Contacting the manufacturer is a good idea but a stupid answer to a question. "

does anyone really need to "contact the manufacturer" ??  well, of course not, but on the internet, and even on jwsound, one can get less than the best answers, including incomplete or uncertain replies, and even (gasp!) incorrect facts...

" Does the tip also get glued into the pole, or is it just held in by friction?

Brian, if i remember rightly, one of my poles had a slightly wonky tip, and Manfred told me ... " it is glued, ...and Manfred has selected a particular glue and it is probably not generic "super glue".

but of course, you don't have to ask for the excellent advice that the manufacturer, K-Tek, will promptly provide and for FREE, too...

"  Vin's post about the glue is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  " well there you go!

but I think checking with the manufacturer is the smart thing to do!!

Brian, you can reach them here:

K-Tek

(760) 727-0593

info@ktekbooms.com

They're out near San Diego (Vista), and I've found K-Tek to be extremely fast and responsive on repairs and mods. At least once, they fixed something for me that was way out of warranty, and at no charge. They're tops in my book.

--Marc W.