Can a 5 pin Lectro lav be rewired for Sennheiser locking 3.5mm?

Danny K

On 2/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, Danny K said:

My question may seem 'noob' but when you don't know anything about the OP, making such dismissive comments is foolish.

So, I've never re-wired a lav mic. Big f*ing deal. 

There is nothing wrong with never having re-wired a lav mic, I'm sure you're not the only person on this forum who hasn't.
But it is the way you asked, asking if it is even possible. 
Seems totally weird to even doubt that, displays a fundamental lack of knowledge of both how mics work and for what is normal in the industry. (re-wiring is common)

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw - perspective;

When I originally looked up to see how to wire the lav from 5 pin to mini jack I found some threads which mentioned voltage present in the transmitter that needed to be considered and there were mentions of a difference in that voltage between manufacturers. I believe it was a Sanken lav mic referred to in the example I found.

I wasn't sure (after reading that) if Lectro packs/lavs worked that way (with voltage; like a condenser) as I have had no previous experience with them or 5 pin mic connectors. 

It was more a lack of common sense that led me to ask about it here.

16 hours ago, Danny K said:

It was more a lack of common sense that led me to ask about it here.

So you didn’t get the answer you were looking for here?

16 hours ago, Danny K said:

I originally looked up to see how to wire the lav from 5 pin to mini jack I found some threads which mentioned voltage present in the transmitter that needed to be considered and there were mentions of a difference in that voltage between manufacturers. I believe it was a Sanken lav mic referred to in the example I found. 

I wasn't sure (after reading that) if Lectro packs/lavs worked that way (with voltage; like a condenser) as I have had no previous experience with them or 5 pin mic connectors.

This, or something similar, is how you should have worded your question. 
This discussion would been completely different 

On 3/4/2020 at 6:02 AM, Constantin said:

So you didn’t get the answer you were looking for here?

This, or something similar, is how you should have worded your question. 
This discussion would been completely different 

I did get the answer eventually and thanked Eric for being cool about it.

Thought you would know that after taking the time to be so interested in this thread.

Your quote: "And you‘d have learned something in the process - if you paid attention."

8 hours ago, Danny K said:

I did get the answer eventually and thanked Eric for being cool about it.

Thought you would know that after taking the time to be so interested in this thread.

I did know this. It’s just that your previous comment seemed to indicate that you were regretting to have come here.

8 hours ago, Danny K said:

Your quote: "And you‘d have learned something in the process - if you paid attention."

Funny that you would quote that, because it had nothing to do with you. It wasn’t even directed at you