Nova Bias voltage PTT walkie integration

RadoStefanov

My favorite contribution to Nova is becoming a reality. This is a game changer for reality bag mixers!
it uses Bias voltage to enable the output to activate Push to talk on the walkie.

Gene Martin is making me hd26 with a mic that will be connected to Nova and I can use the microphone and com to enable the walkie.

I have been routing the walkie to my mixer/recorder for a very long time and now I don’t even need to use the walkie microphone and bring it to my mount.

Everything is integrated and eliminates the need for those PTT walkie microphones.

bias.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am wanting to set up walkie integration with my Nova but am getting a bit confused...

As I see it there are two options:

1.) I can buy mic that attaches to my HP and plugs into the 'mic' 3.5mm on the Nova then route this to output 6 to the walkie and have a return from the walkie into return1/2 of the Nova. Pressing the com button should open the walkie.

2.) Glenn mentioned that he has successfully used a URX100 lanyard to the Nova. He said the PTT button on the lanyard was functional. He also said the lanyard needs to be connected to output 6 and return 1/2 for 2 way communication. Does this mean the lanyard TRRS connector can be split into mic and HP then plugged into the 3.5mm mic connector and routed to output 6 the same as I would do with the external mic? And the PTT button on the lanyard would be functional?

• 3 years later...

Rado, where did you source an input cable / connector to interface the Nova with the radio?  I'm happy to build my own cable, but I can't find any sources for the bare connectors, and the only cable I've found that is remotely close is intended for the URX:  https://www.gothamsound.com/product/ta5f-motorola-m1-urx100-cable  Nothing against Gotham, but I'd prefer to order from a Canadian source if I can; importing individual items is a nightmare for paperwork.

Also, I'd prefer to build a cable that has a breakout for Out5 at the same time.