great customer service @ Canford

Matthias Richter

I have to give the Canford service dep especially Laura and Gavin a big Thank You for their ongoing support and service!
I had some trouble with a brand new Panamic Maxi 3seg. There was some handling noise that could not be  stopped no matter how we adjusted the end stops. 
Although Canford could not recreate that noise at the factory they sent me a new replacement. Unfortunately this new pole showed the same noise under certain circumstances.
After another trip to the factory with the support of me recording videos and audio clips they finally found the culprit: a small defect in the bore of the carbon fibre. They even cut the handle segment in half to identify the problem. 
Now I am confident as before and all my Panamic poles will be our first choice!

Thank you Laura and Gavin!!

Matthias

Mathias,

I Have worked with Ambient’s since many years  and have been very satisfied with it. As you mentioned that Panamic is your first choice, could you explain for what reason? I have to replace an old Ambient but Panamic are only available on the Internet here in Switzerland and it’s tricky to buy a boom pole without trying it.

Many thanks 

Henri

well I should have said: my Boom Ops first choice.
I‘ve got Quickpoles too but my Boomers tend to go for the Panamic. I guess it’s because those poles feel really stiff like a rigid pole. 
Another difference are the end stops. Over time one can readjust the sliding mechanism. Although I‘m not sure if those end stops are not the reason for it in the first place. With Ambient all you‘ve got (to replace) is some velcro. 
Conclusion: there are advantages to both and again it comes down to personal preferences. So I got both brands and it’s up to the Boomer to pick and choose.

Best, Matthias 

On 2/16/2020 at 8:25 PM, henrimic said:

Mathias,

I Have worked with Ambient’s since many years  and have been very satisfied with it. As you mentioned that Panamic is your first choice, could you explain for what reason? I have to replace an old Ambient but Panamic are only available on the Internet here in Switzerland and it’s tricky to buy a boom pole without trying it.

Many thanks 

Henri

Hi Henri, 

We have distributors in Germany and Austria but unfortunately none in Switzerland...

Are you planning to attend Prolight + Sound in Frankfurt by any chance? We could bring one out for you there, so you could try it out. 

If that's not an option for you, could you please contact Panamic and we could have a look in other options? 

Thanks,

Vita 

Panamic Distribution Manager