Cantar - X2 question...

Alan A

Hey all,

I had another question about the Canter, this may seam like an amateur question but what would be the easiest (and wallet friendly) way to send a signal out to the director, for the moment.

I want to send a signal I am hearing out to the director, and I don't have a mixer yet so its just the cantar X2, so what would I need to get besides the high cost lectros, or an easy temp set up that will work for now?

what would be the easiest (and wallet friendly) way to send a signal out to the director

The Cantar has an output called "Foldback." It provides signal to a mini-XLR connector on the underside of the recorder.

The signal fed to "Foldback" is entirely user controllable. One can arrange for it to be just the mix track or everything or any imaginable variation. Several different configurations can be stored for recall and one can change from mix to isolated tracks and back again by using the Crown and jog wheel.

The Foldback out can be fed to a radio transmitter (Comtek, Lectro IFB) to supply the director. If there's really no money - almost impossible to type that phrase in the same paragraph as Cantar - the Foldback can drive headphones directly. Wire up a pigtail cable of mini-XLR to 1/4 phone or mini-XLR to mini-phone and just run a cable to the director.

David Waelder

Ya I have been doing the pig tail thing for a while but the quality drops a lot and wanted a better quality supply to the director,

I have the foldback cable, it goes to xlr male output, and i have a couple RF transmitters and receivers, but because the foldback cable is MALE and my RF transmitter cable is MALE as well can I get a xlr female to xlr female connection to wire them together and give the receiver to the director?

And also would it be a better quality than doing the whole pigtail thing with the 1/4 jack?