TW Video Playback Toolkit

cmgoodin

I don't know how many Video playback engineers there are on JW Sound, bit if you are called upon to do any 24 frame Video playback or poor man's ADR  Video playback on set you might be interested in this thread.

I have worked as an audio and video engineer in the Television and Film industry for over 50 years and now it comes time (in my semi-retirement) to share a bit of the technology and tools that I have created for my own personal use over the last couple of decades.  I have gathered together a handful of my most useful video and audio playback software tools and packaged them in a piece of computer hardware to serve as a kind of Swiss Army Knife for the 24frame Video Playback Technician.  You can easily slide one or more of these units into the pouch of your laptop bag to help solve some of those tricky situations that often pop up on set at the last minute.

This tiny device can deliver HD video and can be controlled from the wireless remote and over any local area network.

It has many unique properties that can replace thousands of dollars of video playback and compositing or switching hardware. I have used it on hundreds of Commercials, TV shows, and Feature films over the years to do the things that they never budgeted for but were possible only with these solutions I have created for my personal use.

Here is a video overview of the TechnoWeenies Video playback Toolkit.  It covers the main uses and capabilities of the hardware and the 6 software tools.  I have a small number of these units for sale and the price is less than half the price of the cheapest new Mac Mini. Let me know what you think or contact me via DM if you are interested.

--------Courtney Goodin

Chief TechnoWeenie