Does anyone use the lightweight petrol harness?

justanross

I have it and it's very good for what it has to do. Very lightweight and easy to pack but only use it with a small kit because it's not designed to take too much weight. The recommended load is about 5kg. You should have no problem with an ENG/small doco sized kit.

For heavier applications I use a Versaflex HS1. The have a lighter version called the 'BHS' series which is made of a lighter material and is breathable. I haven't tried it myself but would like to just to see what the build quality is like. Here's the page http://is.gd/1gZPq

If you're looking for something light & inexpensive... I picked up a Tenba backpacking harness from B&H for under $40:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/53738-REG/Tenba_632_108_5001_BPH_L_Backpack_Harness_.html

I use it to carry my bag with a Wendt X3 & Fostex FR2... Pretty comfy & pretty inexpensive!

Here's a pic: Rigged.jpg

John Moore

sound.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Never used the petrol. I use the portabrace (AH-2M) harness with belt (bought used from my friend) to strap on my 442 in a porta-brace pouch,744t in a porta-brace pouch,and radio bag. It works for me. If I ever had to get another harness, I would get the BHS versa-flex.

Matt

I do,  I have used it quite a few times and works as advertised... The PEHR-N  Not Really the lightweight....   I like the snug supportive fit.  When I need to go that route, which I hate by the way....... It is my weapon of choice.  Well made, and pretty comfortable considering the weight of the load being distributed...  I hang a whole recording rig from it, not just a mixer.....

very good for low weight under 12 pounds , how pitty my rigs usiall 12kg :-), so i use its big brother

Yes Oleg, I know you are a Petrol whore, lol.  So am I but the versa-flex lightweight version can hold as much as the standard petrol harness.  He has some pics and videos of people wearing full rigs with them.  Check it out at www.versa-flex.com.

its just cost  twice :-)

how light is it ?

as the petrol heavy duty is 650 gr  and hold over 18 kg  as i did ones

no of the picture on versa flex web doesn't come close to that weight

I think it could.  Here's the link to the video and it looks like he's pretty loaded up: http://www.versa-flex.com/images/MVI_BHS-1_on_Scharf.AVI

you must be kidding , thats less then  8kg :-)

I was basing it on my set up.  That's the most I usually have, 442, 744t, 3 wires and comtek, plus all my other crap.  I guess it wouldn't work for you.  What the hell do you have in your bag to make it almost 40 lbs?