Help identifying old Zaxcom wireless transmitter

solowiej

I picked up a couple of Zaxcom Wireless transmitters - the bodies are black aluminum, not much bigger than a TX900. Screens are made up of red LEDs. They each have two 4-pin lemo connectors. Can anyone help me find a manual or more info on these guys? I also got an accompanying receiver, same block (22) and same vintage. It all works great together. Is it possible to receive from these TX to my modern QRX?

Thanks for any insights!

Sean

Sounds like Goldline-era stuff, I think. I didn't own it, but rented it a few times I might have the name wrong. Does it look like this?

ENG-Silhouette1.gif

Here's what I think is the transmitter manual:

https://zaxcom.com/manual/goldline-stereoline-transmitter-manual/

And perhaps poking around, you can find the right RX manual. And the Zaxgang can probably help correct my errors and provide better links...

Jim Feeley is absolutely right (and very helpful with the info!). I still have my Goldline transmitters and a custom quad box I built with 4 ENG receivers.

I'm pretty sure the Goldline transmitters will work to newer receivers but do not have all the newer RF modulations that current Zaxcom transmitters have. So, if the receiver can receive basic US mono transmission, the Goldlines should work. I was very happy with mine but never could get used to deciphering the LED display dots  ---  I found them very difficult to read and understand.

If I recall correctly, on that receiver, line output audio is  lower than rx900. -10dbv. I got one converted by Zaxcom many years ago, to raise output level and was then able to feed cameras line level signal without issue, when used as a camera hop.

Rodrigo 

Interesting. When I rented them (4-5 times?), I used them as hops. Don't recall an output issue, so perhaps many were converted, or Zaxcom changed the design partway through the product's life? Anyway, definitely a good thing to check.

Also, I recall the receiver I was using one time got really hot...As in the camop commented on it and we turned it off for a bit. I can't recall what was different that day, and my memory is that after a break and a new set of batteries, all was good. Perhaps some former owners here can chime in on this. This was over a dozen years ago. As Jeff says, interface takes some getting used to, but the stuff worked well and sounded good. Well, that's the extent of my knowledge. 

Ive still got an as new goldline system it works great tho i never use it now..i was using it with an SD MM1 preamp as wireless boom it sounded great..(limiter disabled on tx) the most difficult thing is finding someone who can solder the mini 4 pin lemo which needs SMD Capacitors fitted inside as well to stop RFI.

Ive used the goldline tx with a qrx 100 no prob was on US Mono mode..

Interesting. My QRX100s are all in block 20, my Goldlines are in 22. I have a QRX200 wide-band that covers it, but I can't get a signal to connect in Mono or Stereo mode. I have the TX set to Mono and Ch 630. QRX200 is on FMT Mono.

Does anyone have a manual for the Digital ENG Receiver? The only Goldline manual that I'm finding here (from above links to Zaxcom site) are for the Transmitter.

Yes, I did send an email to Zaxcom through their web form. I'm not super encouraged about support for gear that has disappeared off the bottom of their obsolete list, but hopefully someone can dig up a receiver manual for me there. 

The set is in great condition, works nicely between itself at least, and seems a nice way to add a couple more wireless mics should I ever need to fatten my bag.