Wireless setup with Zaxcom Nova

Jeff Wexler

Joe Pfeil did a fantastic short video showing how easy and how quickly you can set up your wireless with Zaxcom Nova. No need for Wireless Designer, Freq Finder, etc., just a few simple button presses and you're good to go. The video is very short (since the setup is very quick).

18 minutes ago, Olle Sjostrom said:

Quite a busy scan though.  That's the wonder of it all I guess, that it works anyway. In Sweden, even in the busiest parts, I probably would never have that much RF...

How's Zaxcom 512mhz+ stuff working these days in Los Angeles I wonder?  Now with the repack, seems everything got thrown into that range.

I hope no one thought I was implying that other manufacturers require the use of any of these external helpers  --- I was aware of most of these things, like Wireless Designer, Freq Finder, the various apps to calculate intermod, etc., from watching and talking to other sound mixers who seem to need these things when setting up their wireless at the beginning of a day. I cannot weigh in on this personally because I was one of those rare sound mixers who did not use much wireless, even up to the last movie I did before retiring. Point of interest, for many years I had 4 Audio, Ltd. wireless in the  2000 series model, not even frequency agile! After those became pretty much useless, I went with Zaxcom Digital wireless and stayed with those. I posted the short video because I was impressed with the ease with which you can accomplish the whole scanning, frequency assignment routine compared to just about all the other systems commonly in use today.

It is very very impressive indeed. Wonder if we start to see something similair from other manufacturers with RX that recieve 4-8 channels, possibly over bluetooth since the new wisy and the 8 series both incorporate it.

The nova is very well thought out it seems. The coordination, sync,  compactness, 16 tracks and the new automix seems all very good. 

On 3/6/2020 at 3:11 PM, Olle Sjostrom said:

Quite a busy scan though.  That's the wonder of it all I guess, that it works anyway. In Sweden, even in the busiest parts, I probably would never have that much RF...

That's a pretty average scan these days in NYC. If I'm working outside of Manhattan my scans are a little bit better.