Frequencies available in Philadelphia

Bruno S

Hello gentlemen,

I'm supposed to have a shooting in Philadelphia for a belgium documentary in april and would like to know about available frequencies in that city.

According to the Sennheiser's frequency finder, there's possibilities between 494 and 512 MHz. Is it correct or is there other available frequencies?

Furthermore, an excel table edited by Lectrosonics display available channels from 470 to 488 MHz, 494 to 500 MHz and 512 to 518 MHz. It seems more precise and I guess more reliable. What is your opinion about these datas?

Many thanks by advance for your tips.

Greetings,

Bruno S

Hi Codyman,

thanks very much for your fast answer! This is actually the Lectrosonics table I referred to. If it's reliable for wireless applications, I'll choose my gear according to this.  If there are channel safer than other, I'm open to hear about it. Even if the trip is postponed because of a mexican beer virus.

I hope you and your relatives are (and will stay) fine.

Greetings from Belgium,

Bruno

Thanks, Bruno.  I just had my first beer virus cancellation too which is a bummer but hopefully all this stuff blows over in time for your shoot to reconsider.  I can't speak for the Philadelphia market but I do find the tables to be pretty accurate here in Los Angeles.  Your mileage might vary a bit if you receive some sort of temporary interference (especially as you get more down to the 470 range where some walkies like to hang out).  Seeing all that green in the 470/19/20 range though, I would be shocked if you couldn't at least muster a couple of reliable channels out of that area though!