Just released app for tracking day play work

Not sure where on my site to post this, but here goes:

For those in the film industry there has just been an app released called DayPlay. Developed by Jeffrey Humphreys and Tim Salmon and servicing all the crafts in our industry. I have tried it t and I think it is one of the best apps ever. Available for iOS and Android and web access with any browser at www.dayplay.com  Check it out!

DayPlay screenshot.jpg

doesn't list my union in setup. The region section in setup is quite limited. After registering and trying to login i get an error message “http 406 not acceptable"

It might be a nice app but i didn't experience it.

I know there are some kinks to be worked out but like anything else new out there things will improve as more and more people try it. I know the developers certainly want to hear from people whose union affiliations are not yet listed  ---  once they know, and that applies to regions as well, they will be added.

I just got off the phone wirh Jeff, one of the principals for the app. He was very responsive and asked me many questions. He says they will definitely add unions and regions to the list in the near future. It may be geared more towards union members, as i am, but most of my work is non-union. Iowa is a right to work state so unless the prod co. is a union signatory they hire non-union crew. I have worked on a lot of non-union commercials and scripted reality.

Also, in Iowa, we would starve if we only did one thing. Worked only one job catagory. I mainly do location sound mixing and some times provide L,G&E for crews from out of town. For all of my own clients and some out of town folks I DP. I own Sony FS7 camera packages, Sound Devices mixers, Lectro, Senn and Schoeps mics, Arri and lightpanels lights and much more. There is currently no talk of adding multiple job catagories to the app and if they did it would probably be an upcharge when this thing goes beyond beta and requires a membership fee.

He explained that the purpose on the "product" page is for private individuals, not companies, to list used gear for sale, house or apartment for rent during a production stay. Things of that nature.

Also, can now log in without error.

I can see a lot of potential for this app for crews in LA, New York, Atlanta, Chicago.

• 2 months later...