PSC Promix 6

mpsanos

I think the ProMix series is a very good value for the money, and the mixers seem to hold up well.  Their feature set is a bit more limited than SD mixers, and they are a bit larger than they might otherwise be in order to get most of the guts onto a single circuit board, which holds the price down.  (Compare ProMix 3 to SD 302.)  Two clients of mine have bought ProMix 3 mixers and are quite happy, and one of them hiked through Tibet with the thing strapped to his chest and it kept on ticking.  PSC takes care of its customers very well, and is also very willing to do mods to their gear, when possible.  They are in Valencia CA, so easy service for LA folks.

Philip Perkins

Guys, thanks for the response. I presently own and love the SD 442 yet my gigs are beginning to exceeding my input count. I Really thought about adding a 302 to the bag. My interest in the Promix was to prolong the full out sound cart build. I'd like to bring up another topic on panel mixers shortly. Seems the 302's are going for $1000 +or- put a couple hundred with that and you can have the PSC.

Thanks,

Mike

A friend of mine has one and uses it in conjunction with his 744.. he seems happy, I'll have to ask him if its still working out.

I've been using a PSC Alphamix now for 2 years and have no major complaints.  Offers a lot of features that I find pretty handy.  Especially the built in NP battery power distro, eliminates a lot of cabling and keeps my rig very streamlined.   

My only real complaint about it would be the ppm meters, not as detailed and informative (or as easy to read) as the sound devices.  But I do like them about as much as needle style meters. 

Also, I'd say the limiter is at least better than the Wendt limiter, which I always hear.  I can rarely tell when the alpha's limiters are working.  Though, again, the Sound Devices out classes it with adjustable limiters as well as input limiters.