Lectro IFBR1B

danelonsdale

I have to admit that I don’t really get it. I suppose the smaller size would be nice for on-camera hosts or the like. 

Will this be able to tune to different modes? I could see this functionality be nice for a utility wiring off at the campers. If one were able to tune talent Tx directly, and have these frequencies saved for immediate recall, it would be a nice extension of the R1a. 

I think I've had my R1a's set to the same frequency for probably 5 years now so not having a screen has never been a problem.  Maybe the headphone output is hot enough to be used as a decent hop / change out the battery at lunch?  I just hope they keep making the R1a's as I can have those things last all day on rechargeable lithium 9v and clients have never complained about the size.

Greg - apparent beta testers on the Lectro FB forum say they sound great- but it seems to be comparable with the old R1a receivers with a slightly better noise floor.  

Wyatt - only compatibility mode is IFB.

I usually use my R1a receivers for at least a couple channels of receiving on the shows I do.  I also travel frequently so the more frequency spectrum of the M2R is attractive when used in analog IFB mode.  Both M2R and R1b could use some preset features or feature additions IMHO.  Personally I think I may just ride out my B24 R1as until the FCC deadline here in the US (which shouldn't be hard given the current lull in shooting).

My current questions would be about the potential update of preset features and also how the VHF versions do with distance given the transmitters can only do 50mW max?  If they released a multichannel analog IFB transmitter that would help sway me as well.

I’ll expand for the folks at Lectro. 

The small footprint is a nice upgrade. Wideband also nice. Unless they can go a full day without changing batteries they’re not a competitor to comtek. I don’t want to use lithium’s in r1a’s so that’s a no go as well. Rechargeable’s in r1a’s you’d have to swap at lunch. I am looking for a full day on a rechargeable battery. If you made a slightly larger version that fit two LB-50 I’d be interested!

Give me a reason to shift from comtek! 

• 7 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 2:37 AM, tincali said:

Greg - apparent beta testers on the Lectro FB forum say they sound great- but it seems to be comparable with the old R1a receivers with a slightly better noise floor.  

Wyatt - only compatibility mode is IFB.

I usually use my R1a receivers for at least a couple channels of receiving on the shows I do.  I also travel frequently so the more frequency spectrum of the M2R is attractive when used in analog IFB mode.  Both M2R and R1b could use some preset features or feature additions IMHO.  Personally I think I may just ride out my B24 R1as until the FCC deadline here in the US (which shouldn't be hard given the current lull in shooting).

My current questions would be about the potential update of preset features and also how the VHF versions do with distance given the transmitters can only do 50mW max?  If they released a multichannel analog IFB transmitter that would help sway me as well.

Hi Todd and members, does anyone actually own a Lectrosonics IFBR1B? They've been on the market at least 6 months it seems? It would be great to have real user feedback. I'm looking to buy a couple as guide track receivers for cameras 4+ on a shoot, as I have 3x LR receivers as my go to for cameras 1-3. The light footprint of the R1B would seem to make them ideal for DSLR type cameras but I can't find any reviews or opinions. 

Also, re compatibility do they work with any Lectro transmitter in  IFB compatibility (e.g. thinking of SMQV + later) mode or only with the IFBT4?

Best wishes,

Ande (Singapore)

21 hours ago, AndeSchurr said:

Hi Todd and members, does anyone actually own a Lectrosonics IFBR1B? They've been on the market at least 6 months it seems? It would be great to have real user feedback. I'm looking to buy a couple as guide track receivers for cameras 4+ on a shoot, as I have 3x LR receivers as my go to for cameras 1-3. The light footprint of the R1B would seem to make them ideal for DSLR type cameras but I can't find any reviews or opinions. 

Also, re compatibility do they work with any Lectro transmitter in  IFB compatibility (e.g. thinking of SMQV + later) mode or only with the IFBT4?

Best wishes,

Ande (Singapore)

Hey Ande,

I own 7 R1Bs. They are great units. Small, built like tanks.

I put two on cameras today for scratch tracks, they don’t sound like Digital Rx, but for sync purposes they work great and sound much better than R1As.  Batteries last about 8 hours.

i bought mine in block 941, and use an SMV. Tc just needs to be able to do “IFB mode”.

They work great for me in 941 as I have Betso bowties that have 700mhz low pass filters.

someday I’ll buy two more. My clients love them as IFB.

-Chris

2 hours ago, RocketTreeAudio said:

Hey Ande,

I own 7 R1Bs. They are great units. Small, built like tanks.

I put two on cameras today for scratch tracks, they don’t sound like Digital Rx, but for sync purposes they work great and sound much better than R1As.  Batteries last about 8 hours.

i bought mine in block 941, and use an SMV. Tc just needs to be able to do “IFB mode”.

They work great for me in 941 as I have Betso bowties that have 700mhz low pass filters.

someday I’ll buy two more. My clients love them as IFB.

-Chris

hey Chris, really appreciate the feedback.

I bet your clients are delighted with the light weight.

Great to hear the audio is superior too on the camera.

Thanks,

Ande

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...