Wisycom

Alejandro Reyes

Greetings everyone,

I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy during these difficult times, now on to my topic. I’m hoping to be working on a 10-day feature in May or June, which will help alleviate a few bills and possibly, upgrade my wireless. Though Chicago, as well as the rest of the country is mostly using Lectrosonics, I’m considering doing something different. I’m looking into possibly getting the MCR 42 S/S2 and MTP40S units from Wisycom. Though I don’t have neither a Sound Devices 6, 7, nor 8 series, I wanted to know if anyone is using these with a Zoom F8. Is the fact that the Zoom F8/F8n not having AES a factor? Keep in mind, I will be upgrading my audio recorder when the time comes, but want to start with the wireless first. I appreciate your comments and hope that we can put this pandemic behind us once this 30-day quarantine is over. Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Alejandro Reyes said:

I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy during these difficult times, now on to my topic. I’m hoping to be working on a 10-day feature in May or June, which will help alleviate a few bills and possibly, upgrade my wireless.

Just saying, it might be rather optimistic to think the country will be back to normal by May or even June. 

And that is even if COVID-19 was to magically disappear overnight! We'll be seeing the economic impacts from it for a long time. 

Did you see the unemployment figures released a week ago for America? Over three million filed for unemployment! Absolutely nothing ever before has even come vaguely close to that. 

Until today: over TWICE AS MANY filed for unemployment in this past week in the USA, absolutely smashing the record from last week which itself had shattered all past records. Those are staggering numbers, and it won't stop yet. 

Be sure to watch this graph play through all the way to the end:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fto4rr/oc_as_requested_heres_an_updated_graph_of_initial/

Which is why I'd recommend against buying any new gear at the moment, unless you really really need it. 

Keep the pennies in your rainy day fund instead. 

Hope all our countries come out of this crisis soon, and bounce back strong even faster, but it's good to be realistic about the chances and prudent in our planning. 

But even if your heart is fully committed to buying new Wisycom, here is one final reason to perhaps hold off on buying: the rumored and sure to be coming "soon" quadchannel Wisycom receiver. 

On 4/3/2020 at 6:57 AM, IronFilm said:

Just saying, it might be rather optimistic to think the country will be back to normal by May or even June. 

And that is even if COVID-19 was to magically disappear overnight! We'll be seeing the economic impacts from it for a long time. 

Did you see the unemployment figures released a week ago for America? Over three million filed for unemployment! Absolutely nothing ever before has even come vaguely close to that. 

Until today: over TWICE AS MANY filed for unemployment in this past week in the USA, absolutely smashing the record from last week which itself had shattered all past records. Those are staggering numbers, and it won't stop yet. 

Be sure to watch this graph play through all the way to the end:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fto4rr/oc_as_requested_heres_an_updated_graph_of_initial/

Which is why I'd recommend against buying any new gear at the moment, unless you really really need it. 

Keep the pennies in your rainy day fund instead. 

Hope all our countries come out of this crisis soon, and bounce back strong even faster, but it's good to be realistic about the chances and prudent in our planning. 

But even if your heart is fully committed to buying new Wisycom, here is one final reason to perhaps hold off on buying: the rumored and sure to be coming "soon" quadchannel Wisycom receiver. 

You bring up really good point, the set I’m looking into is actually used. Hopefully it’ll still be available by the time I decide to buy it. You’re absolutely right, we do have some tough times ahead, as does the rest of the world. To end on a good note, to go on with our lives is an understatement. I do hope that once this whole thing is over, we can party like there is no tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted when I do have it!

On 4/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, henrimic said:

The MCR42 can output AES3 or analog. No worries to use it with a F8.

Thanks for that, I actually saw someone on one of Facebook groups that was using it with a Zoom F6. It actually looked like it worked okay. One thing that attracting to the Wisycom is the menu structure. It doesn't look so laborious, and it true diversity wideband which you can’t go wrong with. Like I told IronFilm, I’ll keep you posted when I do get it. I hope we can all get back on our feet very soon. 

In a similar note to IronSound I'd say wait till the new Wisycom quad receiver is out and buy some used MCR42's just so you're not dropping as much cash.

I used to really doubt using a good wireless with a Zoom, but after using Zaxcom and Wisycom with an F8 I've been really impressed, the noise floor of the preamps won't make any impact (or barely any impact - none audible) over a 6/7/8 series Sound Devices at line level. While AES will get you some improved noise floor it shouldn't be a deal breaker in using Wisycom a line level, it's still a fantastic system with the F8.