Zaxcom timecode troubles

Lucan

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker, first time poster here - this forum has been an unbelievable source of information and I want to thank you all for being such a kind community of pros! I hope you’re all keeping well during these uncertain times. 

I have a question about Zaxnet timecode. The gear in question includes:

SD 633 (master clock)

TrxCL3 Camera Link

3x ERX’s

RX200

As a test, I set the 633 to Rec Run and reset the TC to 00:00:00:00. 

The CL3 is auto jammed to the 633, and in turn jams the ERX’s and the RX200. 

What happens, though, when everything is jammed, is the 633 is at 00:00:00:00, but the 

CL3 is at 00:00:00:02

ERX’s are at 00:00:00:02

RX200 is at 00:00:00:04! (Via UHF, not Zaxnet)

No matter how many times I reset the entire system, this is the result. 

I am wondering if this is only a screen display discrepancy or if the actual timecode is not synced?

If any experienced Zaxcom users might be able to chime in, I’d be hugely grateful!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, my apologies for the late reply- I was MIA there for a bit!

On 4/20/2020 at 6:59 AM, evarsimon said:

I do something similar, except my TC comes out of a Maxx into the IFB board of a QRX235, might just be the display. I run 3 cameras often and I also edit, and the sync is not off.

I think you're workflow is basically the same as mine (only major difference is the Maxx), so thats great to know!

On 4/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, sciproductions said:

Just out of curiosity, when you put it on free run does it do the same thing? I.e. 2 frames off?

On the RX200 have you checked your Zaxnet settings that there isn't timecode frame offset?

The first time I noticed this discrepancy was when I put it on rec run for a particular job. Normally I work in free run with multi cams and so far I haven't had any comments/complaints from post. All the settings seem to be set properly on all the devices, no offset on the ERX's. I'll do as @joinwooHK suggested and record a beep in all timecode modes.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:35 AM, joinwooHK said:

i suggest u Record a beep to all and see is it there offset on recorded file. Timecode display on diff device has delay 

Thanks mate, i'll test this out and post the results. Yeah I thought each display might be different.

Thanks guys!