Deity BP-TX 2 Announced

Mattias Larsen

3 hours ago, daniel said:

Will BP-TRX O/P via USB to smart phone/tablet? Sorry if this has been asked already.

I think it can be used as "a sound card" so should be possible with the right settings. I tried to get an output of my mixpre to a phone, but didnt get it to work, so I be prepaired to do some troubleshooting to use anything with the phone, it may vary on the app you use it with etc.

2 minutes ago, Mattias Larsen said:

I think it can be used as "a sound card" so should be possible with the right settings. I tried to get an output of my mixpre to a phone, but didnt get it to work, so I be prepaired to do some troubleshooting to use anything with the phone, it may vary on the app you use it with etc.

I've got an OTG USB-C to lightning cable which will connect Zoom F6 to an iphone and ipad. Like you say it is dependent on the app (and the OS). If BP-TRX can wirelessly receive audio in sound card mode? - being able to wirelessly, digitally get a mix into internet connected devices would be a nice feature.

17 minutes ago, daniel said:

I've got an OTG USB-C to lightning cable which will connect Zoom F6 to an iphone and ipad. Like you say it is dependent on the app (and the OS). If BP-TRX can wirelessly receive audio in sound card mode? - being able to wirelessly, digitally get a mix into internet connected devices would be a nice feature.

Right, would be a nice to have. I would think it would be possible, but maybe it is best to confirm with deity, or see the documentation if there is a limitation to the audio interface option when also used to wirelessly send or receive audio.

I’ve used my MixPre-6 with iPhone as an interface and it worked out fine. If the Deity is class compliant it should work out fine. 

It’s a bit app-dependant. You need an app which can manage external inputs for multi channel recordings. 
Audiobus can route the sound. GarageBand is free and can do recordings. 

SD have actually published a little piece about this.

https://www.sounddevices.com/mixpre-ii-series-as-audio-interfaces-for-tablets-and-phones/

Hi all, yes the BP-TRX is USB audio class compliant, the "release candidates" I have here on my bench are completely functional with the laptops and android phones I have at my disposal over USB; it just shows up as "BP-TRX" in Reaper DAW for example. 
At the moment we do not have user replaceable kits for the batteries; at the moment we do it at our repair facilities in the various regions of the world (EU/Amsterdam, US/Los Angeles etc). so it is an easy sent in, and swap at the moment. But we are working on a kit. 
That all said, we are really getting close to release, it all takes longer than we all want, but the end/beginning is near! 

7 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

Hi all, yes the BP-TRX is USB audio class compliant, the "release candidates" I have here on my bench are completely functional with the laptops and android phones I have at my disposal over USB; it just shows up as "BP-TRX" in Reaper DAW for example. 
At the moment we do not have user replaceable kits for the batteries; at the moment we do it at our repair facilities in the various regions of the world (EU/Amsterdam, US/Los Angeles etc). so it is an easy sent in, and swap at the moment. But we are working on a kit. 
That all said, we are really getting close to release, it all takes longer than we all want, but the end/beginning is near! 

So RX in USB mode?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, Vincent R. said:

still waiting and hoping it will release soon! 
by the way: it would be great if you could combine the mono wireless receiver signal with the analog input, so you can output a single wireless channel plus a small mic as a stereo signal to the camera.

is that possible?

At first maybe I will use a single unit as a stereo recorder with Timecode to record my two Sony analog wireless units through the stereo analog input. Just for the case when I cannot carry a large sound bag.. as these units have no delay they can be easily synced with the camera tc.

Still I don’t get why it’s possible to send the signal of a single transmitter to three receivers but it’s not possible to pair say four transmitters to a stereo receiver and switch channels just for monitoring. This way you could save a lot of bandwidth in the crowded WiFi area because you could stop the transmitters that are not being monitored at the moment so that they are only recording internally.. this way you wouldn’t need a sound bag at all anymore and have no problems with the audio delay in post because you are only recording in the transmitters..

but most of all I hope we will see these units soon! It’s a lot of time for tentacle and zoom to sell their units..

On 1/25/2021 at 3:47 AM, daniel said:

Maybe USB in RX (receiver) mode?

USB in TX mode?

Yes, Orginally we figured we'd just make it so you could use it as a USB sound card. Something higher quality than the input on most laptops. Adding it to RX mode is possible and might be something we will be able to add to the firmware like we were about to do add to the HD-TX.

13 hours ago, Sound said:

Can anyone help me? Does the input have a locking connector?

Yes it does. It features a locking 3.5mm input.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:21 AM, Sound said:

Still I don’t get why it’s possible to send the signal of a single transmitter to three receivers but it’s not possible to pair say four transmitters to a stereo receiver and switch channels just for monitoring. This way you could save a lot of bandwidth in the crowded WiFi area because you could stop the transmitters that are not being monitored at the moment so that they are only recording internally.. this way you wouldn’t need a sound bag at all anymore and have no problems with the audio delay in post because you are only recording in the transmitters..

but most of all I hope we will see these units soon! It’s a lot of time for tentacle and zoom to sell their units..

That's actually kinda an interesting concept. We never really thought of it like that, like a QC checking IFB to confirm audio, change settings, and trigger the recorder...  That might actually be something we can roll out in Firmware 3.0 for the Deity Connect eco-system.

3 hours ago, Justin Allen said:

Sure seems to be taking way longer than we were initially led to believe to release it. Not really any updates, no videos or pictures of it being used. Hopefully something will happen soon.

Yes it is. And it's all 100% on purpose. We polled our dealers this past summer about how professional product sales were going and walked back the release to spend more time beta testing and making firmware revisions to features that might normally would have be given as firmware updates to the customer. Essentially about 10 people have been using the BP-TRX units for better part of 6 months, really dialing in all the bugs, features, and spec changes that needed to happen to make sure that when we release it, it will be 100% ready for the professional user. We currently are writing the manual for the production firmware. Hopefully we will be able to get them on store shelves soon.

3 hours ago, Andrew From Deity said:
On 1/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, Sound said:

That's actually kinda an interesting concept. We never really thought of it like that, like a QC checking IFB to confirm audio, change settings, and trigger the recorder...  That might actually be something we can roll out in Firmware 3.0 for the Deity Connect eco-system.

That would be fantastic!!

If I could map one transmitter to the left output channel and another to the right..

It hast to be fast to switch channels on the fly so you dont have to dive in the menus.

So maybe just: Cycle through the channels for the left ear by pushing the left arrow button of the duo rx and for the right with the right arrow..

Whenever you need to look at the device to switch its not practical anymore..

On 1/25/2021 at 10:21 AM, Sound said:

Still I don’t get why it’s possible to send the signal of a single transmitter to three receivers but it’s not possible to pair say four transmitters to a stereo receiver and switch channels just for monitoring.

You're a genius. If they can pull it off, you should get a nice reward. That's a major feature.

I'm very interested in the BP-TRX as a transmitter/receiver pair. I find the Duo a little bulky for a reciever in my pared down kit. But one thing I wonder is there any diversity when it is a receiver? I know Sennheiser uses the cable or some such thing to get a form of diversity. I was wondering if there is anything similar with the BP-TRX. Or is diversity less of an issue with 2.4 Ghz spectrum?

On 2/7/2021 at 3:40 AM, Justin Allen said:

Since this product has been delayed for the last year I am wondering if you decided to include 32 bit floating audio in it? Since I haven't heard anything about it my guess is no, but I thought I would throw that out there. Especially as there are multiple other companies offering it now.

Why not? 32 bit has been advertised the whole time through. I would really love to hear if it will be available in about a month or a year. I don’t have a clue right now and I guess I will buy a tentacle if it takes too long..

On 2/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, Justin Allen said:

Since this product has been delayed for the last year I am wondering if you decided to include 32 bit floating audio in it? Since I haven't heard anything about it my guess is no, but I thought I would throw that out there. Especially as there are multiple other companies offering it now.

I did notice that the Deity website has been updated with the BP-TX (Coming Soon). So maybe this spring?

On 1/28/2021 at 6:49 AM, Andrew From Deity said:

On 1/28/2021 at 6:49 AM, Andrew From Deity said:

Hey Deity, can you tell us if it will take days or months or years for the trx to be available?