Jump to content

Deity BP-TX 2 Announced


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, karlis said:

It's been documented that it's possible to link two DuoRX's together. My question rather lies in what Deity's concept is for a full soundbag solution using only their products. Seems infeasible if there's around 40ms of latency combined.

from a technical point of view you are correct that indeed the ms add up. Though from our point of view we see this as camera hops for scratch audio, not for final delivery, as you record that audio on your device. 

 

3 hours ago, DanieldH said:

My impression is, that their core market are videographers.

That is one tier of the market, the other is the location sound mixer, with the shotgun microphone series the w.lav pro and micro lavaliers, and the wireless systems towards the beginners/ENG teams, and who knows what will come in the nearby future that might strike your curiosity 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we advise 4, but technically it can be higher (some use it with 6 channels). We also are sending a back (remote controlling) over a different channel. So that let us say, 4 channels of TX, means 8 cha

There is one on the Connect kit user page, scroll down and click on support. The site is in overhaul at the moment and the rest will be added to the new one.   We do not use the traditiona

The BP-TRX will come in a solo version, a "timecode kit" (2x BP-TRX with accessories like TC cables, exact cables/bundle will be disclosed soon) and a "deluxe kit" (hard case, DUO-RX, 2X BP TRX, 2x W.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

from a technical point of view you are correct that indeed the ms add up. Though from our point of view we see this as camera hops for scratch audio, not for final delivery, as you record that audio on your device. 

Thanks for the answer! As a camera hop it would mean always telling the editor/post to drag the sound ~20ms back on the scratch track before syncing it up with the recorder audio, which would probably surprise a crew member if not annoy them.

As an IEM it would mean that a director would get 40ms delayed audio from the source (if Deity is used for both going in and out of the recorder), which would probably render them nervous and confused why the monitor/sound is not in sync (40ms = 1frame@25fps).
On set nobody really cares about what gear you use, things have to go fast and smooth, nobody wants to think about technical limitations like that. It's a hassle to say the least.

I really love the concepts you guys are going with, but the latency adding up seems to be a dealbreaker to some degree. I might still go for the Deity Connect, but most retailers in Europe seem to be out of stock/awaiting stock (?).

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, karlis said:

Thanks for the answer! As a camera hop it would mean always telling the editor/post to drag the sound ~20ms back on the scratch track before syncing it up with the recorder audio, which would probably surprise a crew member if not annoy them.

Most likely post will replace the scratch track with the recorded audio? And uses TC with that. 

 

44 minutes ago, karlis said:

As an IEM it would mean that a director would get 40ms delayed audio from the source (if Deity is used for both going in and out of the recorder), which would probably render them nervous and confused why the monitor/sound is not in sync (40ms = 1frame@25fps).
On set nobody really cares about what gear you use, things have to go fast and smooth, nobody wants to think about technical limitations like that. It's a hassle to say the least.

Your calculations are correct, but keep in mind that most cameras also have an SDI output latency. Take RED cameras for example, that goes up to 3 frames, depends on the frame settings. Most cameras have about 2 frames SDI output latency.

 

48 minutes ago, karlis said:

I really love the concepts you guys are going with, but the latency adding up seems to be a dealbreaker to some degree. I might still go for the Deity Connect, but most retailers in Europe seem to be out of stock/awaiting stock (?).

For some reason the pandemic did not affect sales, and indeed we are low/out of stock; delivery to dealers should start next week again. If you really want to get a proper estimate of arrival, let your dealer contact us so we can make a more exact estimate, or contact them to find out if they have some in pre-order with us, because to be honest, these kits goes fast at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karlis said:

Thanks for the answer! As a camera hop it would mean always telling the editor/post to drag the sound ~20ms back on the scratch track before syncing it up with the recorder audio, which would probably surprise a crew member if not annoy them.

 

20ms is half a frame at 24/25fps, usually nobody will notice except the sound people.

but as mentioned by others, it's going to be replaced by the multitrack audio anyway and that is usually synched by timecode.

 

6 hours ago, karlis said:

As an IEM it would mean that a director would get 40ms delayed audio from the source (if Deity is used for both going in and out of the recorder), which would probably render them nervous and confused why the monitor/sound is not in sync (40ms = 1frame@25fps).

 

on HDMI you usually end up with 1-3frames delay on picture anyway, so it will actually help to keep things in sync : )

 

but even if you have a zero latency video feed, 1 frame is not really bad.

and if he's looking at the actors directly instead of the monitor (yeah, right) then the sound through the air and through the IEM will actually be in sync.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...