Deity BP-TX 2 Announced

Mattias Larsen

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, igomarsound said:

Any news on the release ?

I was contemplating tentacle track E but these little fellas would be perfect paired with my m2d2 (among other uses)

And you want it very small, you can now even get the rode wireless go II with dual transmitter internal recording (but no timecode)

On 2/25/2021 at 7:39 PM, Sound said:

And you want it very small, you can now even get the rode wireless go II with dual transmitter internal recording (but no timecode)

nah. This rode wireless go II looks rubbish if you ask me. 

the ability to record 2 channels via usb with timecode and transmit it to a camera hop is pretty slick. Not sure if we can get audio signal via USB, record, and output an rf signal all in the same time. but would be great. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Johnsy said:

I guess it’s time to go with another option then as these don’t appear to actually exist. 

They do physically exist, I’ve touched them, even used them on shoots. Not sure though why they’re not yet being released widely? But I would’ve imagine it is “soon”.

Deity has made a huge miscalculation over the last several months. Pre-announcing the BP-TX2 and then taking far too long to release it, and then allowing their existing stock to basically disappear. They have exhausted the patience of people that wanted to buy their products. Personally I was completely on-board with this unit however now I have moved on. I know of others that have felt the same way.

It doesn't matter how good a product is if you cannot release it.

I'd guess Deity ran into some supply-chain issues like many others, had some regulatory issues with the FCC et al, or wanted to fix some performance issues they uncovered. All a bummer, but better late and good than on time and crappy.

But ya, it would be good to hear a clear statement of what the delay is and a realistic estimate of when everything will be released. Deity doesn't need to tell us anything, but in this space it's important for vendors to build a sense of trust. 

3 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

I'd guess Deity ran into some supply-chain issues like many others,

The factory that went into flames in Japan is a real problem for a lot of chip clients. It made a lot of chips unavailable and there are no foreseen solution to replace them... It's a real crisis in the ditigal audio domain.

We are fully aware of the (huge) delay on the BP-TRX (caused by a variety of reasons) and personally I would have like to see that differently, obviously. Though, I can not give an exact date yet, we are REALLY (and this time, REALLY) close to launch. The moment I do have exact dates, worldwide, I will post it here.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we learned our lessons on announcing things way ahead of time.

4 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

We are fully aware of the (huge) delay on the BP-TRX (caused by a variety of reasons) and personally I would have like to see that differently, obviously. Though, I can not give an exact date yet, we are REALLY (and this time, REALLY) close to launch. The moment I do have exact dates, worldwide, I will post it here.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we learned our lessons on announcing things way ahead of time.

thanks for the input.

looking forward to check these things.

take your time. i prefer a good product that took more time than expected to be released than something that have been released in a rush ( aka cyberpunk2077 syndrom )

Edited by igomarsound
aka better than hashtag

On 4/26/2021 at 7:22 AM, Patrick Tresch said:

The factory that went into flames in Japan is a real problem for a lot of chip clients. It made a lot of chips unavailable and there are no foreseen solution to replace them... It's a real crisis in the ditigal audio domain.

It's not just the audio industry which is struggling, but across the board, all sorts of industries are struggling with parts shortages. 

For instance the auto industry has got a huge huge headache with shortages of chips:
https://www.dw.com/en/computer-chip-shortage-disrupts-global-car-production/a-56224486

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/chip-shortage-to-plague-auto-industry-for-next-year-autonation-ceo

What I heard is that the leader of the chip manufacturer for audio (wich a lot of boards have been designed with their specifications) is out of business due to a fire, and there are NO plans to rebuilt the plant. It's not just a shortage... it's over... until they redesign new boards using other provider's chip.

• 2 weeks later...

Going live May 25th. The wait is over. 😀

It has been a long long year full of numerous delays we realize. We suffered some the silicon shortage just like everyone else who now uses complex IC chips in their products. That's not counting all the other supply chain issues we had along with the global cargo shipping shortage. With tourism airplanes no longer flying as much cargo ships have been sold out in terms of securing a slot on the boat. We also ended up going back to the drawing board and added some more features that were requested from users. We know audio pros demand the highest quality and reliability from their gear.

We think on May 25th you won't be disappointed with the BP-TRX.

13 hours ago, Andrew From Deity said:

Going live May 25th. The wait is over. 😀

It has been a long long year full of numerous delays we realize. We suffered some the silicon shortage just like everyone else who now uses complex IC chips in their products. That's not counting all the other supply chain issues we had along with the global cargo shipping shortage. With tourism airplanes no longer flying as much cargo ships have been sold out in terms of securing a slot on the boat. We also ended up going back to the drawing board and added some more features that were requested from users. We know audio pros demand the highest quality and reliability from their gear.

We think on May 25th you won't be disappointed with the BP-TRX.

Oh my! Can we pre-order yet?

On 1/28/2021 at 6:49 AM, Andrew From Deity said:

Yes, Orginally we figured we'd just make it so you could use it as a USB sound card. Something higher quality than the input on most laptops. Adding it to RX mode is possible and might be something we will be able to add to the firmware like we were about to do add to the HD-TX.

Yes it does. It features a locking 3.5mm input.

That's actually kinda an interesting concept. We never really thought of it like that, like a QC checking IFB to confirm audio, change settings, and trigger the recorder...  That might actually be something we can roll out in Firmware 3.0 for the Deity Connect eco-system.

Yes it is. And it's all 100% on purpose. We polled our dealers this past summer about how professional product sales were going and walked back the release to spend more time beta testing and making firmware revisions to features that might normally would have be given as firmware updates to the customer. Essentially about 10 people have been using the BP-TRX units for better part of 6 months, really dialing in all the bugs, features, and spec changes that needed to happen to make sure that when we release it, it will be 100% ready for the professional user. We currently are writing the manual for the production firmware. Hopefully we will be able to get them on store shelves soon.

You said you worked on features. Did you add this feature as well?

On 1/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, Sound said:

Still I don’t get why it’s possible to send the signal of a single transmitter to three receivers but it’s not possible to pair say four transmitters to a stereo receiver and switch channels just for monitoring. This way you could save a lot of bandwidth in the crowded WiFi area because you could stop the transmitters that are not being monitored at the moment so that they are only recording internally.. this way you wouldn’t need a sound bag at all anymore and have no problems with the audio delay in post because you are only recording in the transmitters..

but most of all I hope we will see these units soon! It’s a lot of time for tentacle and zoom to sell their units..

I mean this feature ;)