DSQD memory

RocketTreeAudio

Hey this a reach out to the lectrosonics people.

i have a DSQD in a bag with an SD633.

The way I have my routing is

Channel 1 DSQD in Channel 2 of 633,

Channel 2 DSQD in Channel 5 of 633,

Channel 3 DSQD in Channel 3 of 633,

Channel 4 DSQD in Channel 6 of 633.

My reasoning for this routing is that I use Ratio mode on the DSQD and the big knobs on the 633 until I need more channels then I switch to switch mode on the DSQD and then use the additional small faders on the 633.

The problem I have is that when I switch from ratio mode to switch mode on the DSQD, the new available channel for a different Tx mirrors what I was just on for ratio mode. 

id rather show up for a shoot, have the DSQD is switch mode for all 4 channels, coordinate for 4 Tx’s, Sync up my Tx’s,  switch to ratio mode for two Tx’s cause most of my shoot is 2 Tx’s, then when a new talent come into play and I switch to switch mode it remembers what my previous coordination was before in switch mode rather than mirroring what it was set to in Ratio mode.

I hope that makes sense.

Cause right now I have to pull up freqfinder, and then reset channels 2 and 4 on the DSQD. Doesn’t take too long, but we all know how little time we get in the sound department...

Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Thanks!

-Chris 

22527FFC-3341-420F-A968-D2C5B543DA8F.jpeg

The crew is already on it. I would guess they can write the code from home so it shouldn't take too long. Getting it QC'd may hinder the release since we only have a skeleton crew. Course we need someone to beta it in the field....

LEF

@RocketTreeAudioif you coordinate with wireless designer, in the meantime you can work around with tuning groups. export your scan from wireless designer to a tuning group. in the group the four frequencies from the scan are stored and you can restore them in the reciever channel after going back to switch mode.

@LarryF That said, it would be great to be able to export a coordination to a group right in the machine like in WD. And I'm still impatiently looking forward to autocoordination ;)

20 minutes ago, RocketTreeAudio said:

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I don’t have time to hook up my laptop in these situations as I’m bagged up and running around run and gun doc style reality. But if I do, I’ll do that for sure

shure, but keep in mind that you just have to do it once after scanning at the beginning of the day. after exporting to tuning groups its stored in the dsqd. scanning and coordinating with a laptop and WD is much faster than doing it by hand in the machine. thats why i'm bagging for the auto coordination ;)