wider band distro on Zaxcom qrx200 or...?

cjh

Hello all, using this time in lockdown to re build the my bag wireless set up, hoping you can throw come thoughts in!

I currently have a blk 20 micplexer1 in a bag rig with QRX200 and block 20 QRX100 and RX900's. I would like to run my qrx200 in a different block and be able to vary that block dept on location etc. I understand using a wideband amplified distro on the 200 is not a good idea but what about an unamplified distro with medium filtering

(like the BSRF-62,470-700mhz / 0 dB gain), would that not be the same result as just patching the shark fins directly into the QRX200? I am also working on the principal that it's better to use a clearer freq block with wider band antenna distro than it is to use a micplexer / narrowband distro in a busier block?

Simple / cheap option is it to use passive minicircuits splitters, one output into the QRX200, the other output into the micplexer which feeds the block20 Rx's but I'd also like to be able to distro feed a lectro SR and be able to run powered antennas when I have long coax runs which is why I like the BSRF-62 distro option as it provides that flexibility.

Set up primarily for remote loc drama using remoted shark fins.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, sciproductions said:

What blocks are you generally using for the QRX200?

A mix of block 20 and qrx200 Rx's, most of my Tx's are 3.5 units. In the worst locations the clear chunks are barely 10mhz wide. IMO the perfect product would be a distro with at least 2 operator separate selectable bandpass filters which are output assignable. The DADM226 distro does this but only one programmable narrow band pass filter across all outputs.