Wisycom MCR54 Teaser

DanieldH

57 minutes ago, Erob said:

Normal days for us are a standard 12 hours, actors are probably mic'd up and on for 9-10 of those hours.  

That‘s incredible. And a bit strange as I never heard of anyone who could achieve that. Are you sure you’re not running them on 25mW?

I mean Lectro themselves said that a bit more than 6 hours should be possible. 3-4 hours is more than a bit

1 minute ago, Erob said:

Whenever we can get back to production I'll double check everything and maybe try to do a timer one day to confirm. 

That would be cool. One last question before I get told off again for diverting a topic:

Are you using the standard Lectro batteries or different ones?

7 minutes ago, Erob said:

Standard Lectro for the most part, I do have a few Fuji batteries also that came with one SSM so I use them every once in a while and they work just as well. 

ok. Well, I‘d be really interested in hearing back your timer results

10 minutes ago, codyman said:

How well of an emulation of Lectrosonics 400 series do Wisycoms do?

Patent issue I believe. Think they 'could' do it fairly well, but now limited to Sennheiser or Shure mode. Would be very sweet if wisy could licence the 400 mode to get the most out of old lectros now that it seems lectro is moving digital. Unless Lectro will release a 4ch wideband slot reciever with support for digital hybrid ofcourse.

Should be interesting to hear all the details.  I am really liking the idea of a 4 channel slot receiver.  I wonder if Sound Devices / Audio Limited will update their A10 rack to support 4 channel modules.  Would be sweet if you could have your 4 channel slots in an a10 rack and then if you needed to jump mobile or to a car rig, pull the receivers out and throw them into an SL2 and off you go.

4 minutes ago, codyman said:

Should be interesting to hear all the details.  I am really liking the idea of a 4 channel slot receiver.  I wonder if Sound Devices / Audio Limited will update their A10 rack to support 4 channel modules.  Would be sweet if you could have your 4 channel slots in an a10 rack and then if you needed to jump mobile or to a car rig, pull the receivers out and throw them into an SL2 and off you go.

its just a matter of time. 4 channel slots are the way of the future. Any company that does not go that route will just not be able to compete anymore in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, codyman said:

I wonder if Sound Devices / Audio Limited will update their A10 rack to support 4 channel modules. 

AFAIK this is already possible with the Dante routing; since 4 channel RX is part of the multislot protocol/standard.

1 hour ago, codyman said:

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/mrk16-multi-coupler

https://wisycom.com/products/product/mcr54/

This quote is interesting "Others, compatible with most systems, thru an internal DSP emulation of SA572, SA575 and Rms envelope compander chip set, fully user programmable" wonder if someone with a bit of knowhow can make a scheme that will work for other wireless manufacturers than the listed ones then? I would gladly pay to Lectro for a 400 licence then for example.

I can't believe they just recorded the voice over of their presentation with so many plosives.

For a sound company, obviously among the finest, they should pay more attention to the quality of their presentation.

Sorry I had to say, and I am a user and a big fan of their products.

By the way, this is a huge product. No distribution needed for up to 4 channel, this will dramaticly reduce he weight of my bag.

I was worried by the small screen but I can't wait to try it and especially the Bluetooth app.

2 minutes ago, henrimic said:

I can't believe they just recorded the voice over of their presentation with so many plosives.

For a sound company, obviously among the finest, they should pay more attention to the quality of their presentation.

Sorry I had to say, and I am a user and a big fan of their products.

Right thought about that too, a popfilter or a pass of RX deplosive would have been a good idea.

7 hours ago, docsound said:

Is there any word of pricing yet?

https://www.raycom.co.uk/product/wisycom-mcr54-four-channel-slot-in-receiver/

£2,880.00 inc VAT (£2,400.00 exc VAT)
Maaaybe this means it will come in just slightly under US$3K in the USA?

https://www.raycom.co.uk/product/wisycom-mcr54-quad-4-channel-rx-with-4-x-tx-and-base/

£6,360.00 inc VAT (£5,300.00 exc VAT) for a kit.