Wisycom MCR54 Teaser

DanieldH

On 5/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, Erob said:

Seriously, that price is great. I’ve been Lectro all the way, but if their new transmitter is compact like an SSM I’ll probably be getting a setup like this. 

Post on the FB group reports SSM works (in mode 3) with Wisy.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BAB414 said:

I would love to see a video just like this with all the major brands compared at the same time.

Also wondering if performance decreases when using all 4 channels.

We were using 2, but there's absolutely no reason to expect any degradation provided the channels are adequately spaced.

23 minutes ago, Raycom Ltd UK said:

We were using 2, but there's absolutely no reason to expect any degradation provided the channels are adequately spaced.

Thank you for this amazing test. It's making me rethink my Lectros. Are you affiliated with Wisycom per chance? I'd love to see a similar range test for an SMQV at 250 mW in the same neighborhood.

2 hours ago, BAB414 said:

Thank you for this amazing test. It's making me rethink my Lectros. Are you affiliated with Wisycom per chance? I'd love to see a similar range test for an SMQV at 250 mW in the same neighborhood.

Thanks for your kind comments. We are UK Distributor for Wisycom, but we also work closely with Lectrosonics. Our next video like this will be a Lectro DPr and DBu into a SMQV. I really want to show off the Lectro digital as it performs exceptionally well for an all digital product. We couldn't use 250mW legally in the UK so I couldn't do the test you suggest without breaking the law!

2 hours ago, Mark LeBlanc said:

Or better yet.. Put one transmitter on an Ankle Strap and the other on a waste pack.. Little more real world...

Sure, we are going to do some more real-world tests. This was a video intended to show it in an optimal scenario as a bench mark. It is not meant to mislead of course, as we showed the setup clearly. One point to note, the test was done with passive antennas and 5m RG58 cables connected directly to the RX to make sure it was the RX that was the subject, not the amplifier in an antenna! The thing is that there's 2dB loss in the cables, so it would have gone even further with active antennas to compensate for the cable loss :)

Have you done any walk tests using lectrosonics in mode3?....Financially I’m heavily invested in Lectrosonics so to buy A couple of

Mcr54 to use with my existing Smqvs Smv, would be a great first step.

Is mode 3 working well with lectrosonics now as I heard their were some unpleasant artefacts in earlier firmware.

thanks Nevo

6 hours ago, nevo said:

Have you done any walk tests using lectrosonics in mode3?....Financially I’m heavily invested in Lectrosonics so to buy A couple of

Mcr54 to use with my existing Smqvs Smv, would be a great first step.

Is mode 3 working well with lectrosonics now as I heard their were some unpleasant artefacts in earlier firmware.

thanks Nevo

Hey I can’t speak for wisy, but if it’s anything like mode 3 to sennheiser... I don’t think you will like it if you are coming from Lectro to Lectro (NA400, NU, ).

On 6/20/2020 at 7:17 PM, Mark LeBlanc said:

Or better yet.. Put one transmitter on an Ankle Strap and the other on a waste pack.. Little more real world...

Me too will appreciate a test reflecting my most common situation: tx next to the the body, possibly not faceing the rx antennas, and just whips on the receiver.

I expect great results anyway, but it would be a useful test, I think.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...