The Blue Colette Set

henrimic

For those who like to match the colour of their microphones, Schoeps has presented yesterday, during the Sound Summit, the Blue Colette Set.

Included are a CMC1 + Cut60 + MK41 in a rugged Peli box + a B5D + SG20. 
This is a limited edition, only 100 pieces at the retail price of 2070$.

I don’t know why, but I think the gear acquisition syndrome will soon hit me....

image.png

Sure, like you, I am not in the position to buy gear at the moment, but I found this funny. 
It looks like the very serious Schoeps company takes lessons at Apple marketing dept. and begin to play the game of exclusivities and limited offers.

Fair enough, owning a Schoeps is like owning a fine mechanical watch, even if it’s primary a tool for us. 
I hope they will propose these blue edition later when we will all resume to normal business. 

2 hours ago, pillepalle said:

For me it's not so much the colour (although I like it) but the price of the offer. Under 1700,-€  for the combo is quite attractive.

Greetings

Is it? Wenn I add all these components in regular darkgrey at thomann, and substract VAT it comes to 1600€. You'll get the usual wooden box then. To me, this is a collectors item thing.

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

what would be the advantage of that? Every individual item would have the same warranty anyway, wouldn’t it?

Remember there was a $80 fee for the warrant. Remember the 641 was considered as two parts. 

4 hours ago, yizhye20 said:

Remember there was a $80 fee for the warrant. Remember the 641 was considered as two parts. 

Ok, I see. You had to pay $80 for each part? Here in the EU it’s different, 1 or 2 year warranty is a legal requirement and doesn’t cost the buyer anything. 

On 5/2/2020 at 9:58 PM, DanieldH said:

Is it? Wenn I add all these components in regular darkgrey at thomann, and substract VAT it comes to 1600€. You'll get the usual wooden box then. To me, this is a collectors item thing.

I‘m guessing the price Schoeps gave for this is the list price? If you buy from a dealer it’ll likely be a lot less. 
just to compare: the list price (in Germany) for the above combo is: €1637 1948 incl VAT) While the discount of buying this at Thomann isn’t that great, you can probably deduce from that how much the new set will cost. 

By the way, I was surprised to find out that Thomann sells the CMC 1 for more than list price. Don’t think I‘ve ever seem that

There's no extra charge for a warranty (?!!); for microphones it's two years, and capsules and amplifiers can be registered on Schoeps' Web site so that it becomes ten years. Certain conditions apply, e.g. the extended warranty applies only to the original owner, and must be registered within a year of the purchase.

I think that the charges mentioned earlier must have been for non-warranty service. In that situation, yes--if you send Schoeps a complete microphone for service, its capsule and amplifier are considered separate items. This is spelled out on their Web site, and the flat rates are given there as well, which depend on the age of the product(s) involved. https://schoeps.de/en/service.html .

--best regards

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2020 at 12:45 PM, henrimic said:

For those who like to match the colour of their microphones, Schoeps has presented yesterday, during the Sound Summit, the Blue Colette Set.

Included are a CMC1 + Cut60 + MK41 in a rugged Peli box + a B5D + SG20. 
This is a limited edition, only 100 pieces at the retail price of 2070$.

I don’t know why, but I think the gear acquisition syndrome will soon hit me....

image.png

Still available?