Lectrosonics Shows 2 New Products

That’s very cool! I am very curious how the DPR will sound. Especially as I‘ve been underwhelmed by the sound of all other digital transmitters, except Sennheiser, Sony, and Shure, because I haven‘t tried those. So looking forward to trying this one out. 

Still, and I hate to bring this up here: is there and a chance that we will get a EU version of all the digital series that covers the C band?

I think you will like the DPR sound, Constantin, but of course you must hear it for yourself. Yes, it is in our plan to come out with B1C1 variants of the digital products. Difficult to outline a time for all that - we just lost two months of momentum... 

The DSQD/AES can be converted to a Dante configuration at the factory in the future. I'm sure the converse will be true also. So if your work flow changes from AES to Dante in the future, it will be possible to convert for substantially less than an arm and a leg. 

Best Regards,

Lawrence Fisher

3 hours ago, karlw said:

Yes, it is in our plan to come out with B1C1 variants of the digital products. Difficult to outline a time for all that - we just lost two months of momentum... 

Sure I understand. And similarly it has become less pressing for me to have this. But now that you have the AES version out, I wouldn’t even need to buy a new recorder anymore...

3 hours ago, LarryF said:

, it will be possible to convert for substantially less than an arm and a leg. 

That‘s good to know. The new recorder I‘m hoping to buy eventually will already require a pair of each

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, tincali said:

Hey @karlw or @LarryF,

I'm trying to find specifics on the DPR- is it compatible with the M2R?  I couldn't find the answer in the forums, website or the Sound Summit intro video, but noticed in the manuals both have 8PSK as the modulation type.  Does that mean yes?

Thanks,

Todd

I don't believe it is compatible at the moment. I'll have to get more info from KarlW about future updates. It does seem logical to make it compatible.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

On 5/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, tincali said:

Hey @karlw or @LarryF,

I'm trying to find specifics on the DPR- is it compatible with the M2R?  I couldn't find the answer in the forums, website or the Sound Summit intro video, but noticed in the manuals both have 8PSK as the modulation type.  Does that mean yes?

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Although both the DPR and the M2R use 8PSK digital modulation, the M2R is set up only to receive a stereo signal, and thus is not compatibile with the DPR (or the DBu & DHu). Currently, the only receivers compatible with these transmitters are the DSQD, DSQD/AES3 and the older DR (a modular system like the Venue 2). 

To add DPR compatibility to the M2R would require a separate firmware load (due to code space in the unit) which would be quite inconvenient for most users. 

Stay tuned for future receivers... 

6 hours ago, karlw said:

Hi Todd,

Although both the DPR and the M2R use 8PSK digital modulation, the M2R is set up only to receive a stereo signal, and thus is not compatibile with the DPR (or the DBu & DHu). Currently, the only receivers compatible with these transmitters are the DSQD, DSQD/AES3 and the older DR (a modular system like the Venue 2). 

To add DPR compatibility to the M2R would require a separate firmware load (due to code space in the unit) which would be quite inconvenient for most users. 

Stay tuned for future receivers... 

Thank you for the info Karl.  Looking forward to it!  : )