Stickmic adaptor for zaxcom zmt + sennheiser md46, electro voice re-50, shure sm58

Dominique greffard

Hello sound hive,

i m dominique greffard, a sound mixer based in montreal canada. I have recently got a zaxcom nova and a couple of zmt transmitters that i really like. 

a few times a year i get asked to provide production with a wireless stickmic and i can t justify buying a dedicated xlr transmitter for those rare instances. 

i decided to come up with an adaptor to allow a zmt transmitter to work with the sennheiser md-46, shure sm58 and the electro-voice re-50.

i am now selling those with the xlr-f to lemo adaptor for 110$ Usd paypal.

I would really like to know what you think about the product. I understand that bending the antenna around creates a rf compromise but after some testing it works fine for those close range applications.

i can be reached at dominiquegreffard@gmail.com

thanks,

dominique

1E7F5CF3-1613-4F64-B9D9-D5DC33E0129C.jpeg

D8631BD5-67E1-4E2B-84B2-F6AB56FDD231.jpeg

A429B086-A737-4A4A-9182-EABACE080EB3.jpeg

That is very clever  --- I was about to ask "where is the antenna" and then I see it in the video. I would worry about the antenna being right in line with the body of the microphone where you will be grabbing it. Also, I believe Zaxcom dose have a ZMT style transmitter with an XLR connector on it, designed exactly for this purpose, to make any microphone a stick mic.

this is great! i do have the zmt plugon that i use for wireless boom and stick but i run into the need for 2 stick mics from time to time and this is exactly what i would need opposed to buying 2nd zmt plug that may barely see use in my kit. I personally think the antenna is something i could deal with. great idea and well executed

17 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

That is very clever  --- I was about to ask "where is the antenna" and then I see it in the video. I would worry about the antenna being right in line with the body of the microphone where you will be grabbing it. Also, I believe Zaxcom dose have a ZMT style transmitter with an XLR connector on it, designed exactly for this purpose, to make any microphone a stick mic.

thank you for your compliment jeff, in the most recent version of the holder i have made a little hole that allows you to tuck the antenna around the TX instead of along the microphone. it is still not perfect antenna placement but better than under somebody's fingers. will work just fine for most close range situations.

i understand that there is a dedicated zmt style plug on transmitter that frankly will be faster to setup than this. My idea was that i get asked maybe once or twice a year for a stickmic so i can t justify buying a 2000$ dedicated tx just for that so i came up with this as an alternative for those few and between occasions. it takes about 30 seconds to setup and you can change battery quick.

13 hours ago, osa said:

this is great! i do have the zmt plugon that i use for wireless boom and stick but i run into the need for 2 stick mics from time to time and this is exactly what i would need opposed to buying 2nd zmt plug that may barely see use in my kit. I personally think the antenna is something i could deal with. great idea and well executed

thank you OSA that was the reasoning behind it. fell free to reach me if you d like me to make you one. cheers 

dominiquegreffard@gmail.com