SONY C-800G DISCONTINUED?

L12

Greetings JWS,

Maybe someone from Sony or Andy Munitz I thought could help clarify some confusion that some of us are having when it comes to the availability status of the Sony C-800G PAC.

I've been trying VERY HARD to buy this product but can't find it in any store here in the United States. I've noticed that this product has been unavailable since December 2019 in the United States. There are some many rumors going around about this product. I've heard a few things including: 

-Talk of this mic being discontinued and won't be made anymore. HOPEFULLY THIS ISN'T TRUE :(

-There is a production stall at the moment due to COVID19 and new tubes being tested. Once COVID19 settles down, production will then resume again.

I’ve called over 50 suppliers in the US on the Sony website who are listed to “have” the Sony C-800G PAC product but they’ve stated there is a parts/manufacturing issue or its discontinued for good :(

I’am interested in purchasing this product as soon as possible with funds available for immediate purchase. If any clarification could be provided on this, that would be very helpful!

Thank you all and Be Safe!

1 hour ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Not sure anyone from Sony hangs out on this forum, but perhaps try the contact link on their site: https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/lavalier-and-headset-microphones/c-800g

I’ve the customer service. They aren’t the best at getting back with “clear” information. You can end up getting 3 different answers from them let alone :(

That’s when you have to try an reach management or the ones who are in the “know”

My Sony PacNW rep is a really helpful sort..even though he's primarily Pro Imaging he should be able to dig into this for you...tell him I said hi...

Glenn Weinfeld

Sr. Imaging PRO Support Rep – Nor.Cal./Northwest

Professional Imaging Support - IPSA

Sony Electronics, Inc

Glenn.Weinfeld@Sony.com

(858) 371-1364

good luck...Ric

1 minute ago, ricphoto said:

My Sony PacNW rep is a really helpful sort..even though he's primarily Pro Imaging he should be able to dig into this for you...tell him I said hi...

Glenn Weinfeld

Sr. Imaging PRO Support Rep – Nor.Cal./Northwest

Professional Imaging Support - IPSA

Sony Electronics, Inc

Glenn.Weinfeld@Sony.com

(858) 371-1364

good luck...Ric

Thanks! I’ll give him a shout and let him know you sent me. Hopefully he can get me in a direction that will provide clarity.