CMC1 + MK41 Noise Floor

mano

On 6/4/2020 at 7:37 PM, Constantin said:

And if you want the better sounding mic on axis and more natural off axis, get a Schoeps mic. 
Schoeps has incrementally improved their mics, for example RF resistance has much improved. That whole weather thing is totally blown out of proportion, too. I have friends who successfully worked with Schoeps mics under the most extreme conditions all over the world. I have recorded sound with mine in a sauna, at an indoor pool, in a shower, in pouring rain. Never have I had an issue with that. 

Maybe you should get out there again and work with a current Schoeps...

Hi, I have 2 CMC6 + 2CMC4 +2 MK41+1 MK4 and 1 MK8

My fist stereo matched pair was the CMC6's in 1996.

They worked on all my films. I have a Newman 82, and I don't have and want nothing between them.

In 2008, I was 50 days in Amazonia, in a doc, I bring there 2 schoeps, and a Dynamis mic + some wireless.

I use just one of them, and has never had a problem.

Just one capsule 41, has has a problem in all these years ( a used one I bought with a CMC4) and went to Germany ( 80 U$S invoice).

I make some films in Brazil, even in the north east ( Recife) , lots of dust and high humidity.

In my experience, they are rock solid.

here 2 pictures, Amazonia sunrise ( see the humidity), and the boom in the wet floor.....

mixyenamazonia.jpg

test-torremail.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, Constantin said:

And if you want the better sounding mic on axis and more natural off axis, get a Schoeps mic. 
Schoeps has incrementally improved their mics, for example RF resistance has much improved. That whole weather thing is totally blown out of proportion, too. I have friends who successfully worked with Schoeps mics under the most extreme conditions all over the world. I have recorded sound with mine in a sauna, at an indoor pool, in a shower, in pouring rain. Never have I had an issue with that. 

Maybe you should get out there again and work with a current Schoeps...

I think the main problem is the lack of repair in the USA! . Waiting for the mics to be send to Germany and back is a giant issue for us in the united states.

My my schoeps failed me twice and is not my main mic anymore. I rather have something more robust in my arsenal that even if it breaks can be repaired quickly. 

Also I am sure the extra cost of shipping mics back and forward ends up being put on the sale price and paid by the customers.