Zaxcom RX8 sneak peak

Shastapete

2 minutes ago, Mark Farag said:

Just as a heads up, I believe Colleen said 8.25", on the Zoom chat rather than 10.25", which does come out to 21cm.

You're right, she said 10" so many times before she actually measured that I had that number stuck in my head even though I had the metric length correct. Thanks for catching me

5 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

You're right, she said 10" so many times before she actually measured that I had that number stuck in my head even though I had the metric length correct. Thanks for catching me

No problem! It was definitely difficult to gauge the size of it on the webcam. I was a bit surprised when she measured it and it came out to be only 8.25".

4 minutes ago, sciproductions said:

Is this for 2 x MRX414's? Or 4 x 414's?

16 channels of dante, as in 8 channels primary and 8 channels secondary?

2 slots, and only current generation MRXs (214 or 414) so up to 8 channels of wireless.

The other 8 channels of Dante are accessible from the AES I/O so you can add a second RX-8 without dante for inputs – or any other AES device, and on the outputs you can attach a CameraLink or again, any other AES device

🙌 IMHO Aside from conveniently extending the Nova ecosystem to 16 channels of wireless, being useable with any pro recorder (eg the other brands folks' might want to keep using even if they own a Nova and/or older BU machines) will get more people into Zaxcom's latest RX and be potentially quite disruptive to the SL2 (only compatible with SD 8 series). Since no one else is really very close to Zaxcom's wireless workflow and if you want 8 digital channels in a really small box this is it. I imagine there will be strong interest from Cantar and SD users (even if it means attaching an AES 'wart' to their new machines ,'). Using older (but fully serviceable) recorders as BUs is not unreasonable and most operators own a diverse range of equipment so i'm glad Zaxcom have extended this possibility (beyond the Nova and RX12) for the MRX system. AES/Analogue I/O with 16 x 16 Dante and POE are also very nice complimentary features. 

I'm interested to know how much of Zaxcom's highly evolved workflow is accessible with just this box. Ie. is 1 touch frequency coordination and assignment possible from RX8 (without a Nova)? 

The RX8 will work with any Dante or AES audio interface. All 8 receivers can be locally controlled in a sound bag or on a sound cart. Remote control directly from Nova and Deva 24 will be supported. There will also be apps to remote control from a sound cart with non Zaxcom recorders. It is our goal to make RX8 work for everyone. 

Yes it has analog outs if you are not using the Dante outputs.

If you use the Dante you must use AES outs or you can use the connections for 8 AES ins and 8 AES outs to connect together 2 RX8s for a total of 16 receivers remoted through Dante with POE.

7 minutes ago, Mattias Larsen said:

Excellent! Will it have analouge out as OP mentions? Not sure I have seen it anywhere else, but I was also late in for the meeting.

Yes, analog out – but only from the receiver side, will not convert dante to analog (but will do dante to AES)

• 6 months later...