1 hour ago, Rob Beal said:

Good point, I already have an old Decimator Quad box kicking around, so i could easily stick that at video village. A bigger challenge with that would be fitting a larger monitor in my current cart setup (right now I use a triple 5" monitor device that takes up 2 rack spaces). But that might be an easier fix since I'm already pulling wireless racks out of my cart to remote onto set, so cart space will be freed up.

Good thing we still have plenty of hiatus time to figure out how to retool our carts!

I have seen big monitor screens that fold away and only take up one rack space! its very expensive tho last i checked. 

Yeah I have one. Datavideo makes the best one for us. 17” seems pretty huge! A friend calls it the IMAX.  Not crazy heavy or super deep. It was about $1300. TLM-170 something or another. 

for me it was worth it as it allowed for more rack space for everything else in a smaller rack. 

27 minutes ago, Derek H said:

Yeah I have one. Datavideo makes the best one for us. 17” seems pretty huge! A friend calls it the IMAX.  Not crazy heavy or super deep. It was about $1300. TLM-170 something or another. 

for me it was worth it as it allowed for more rack space for everything else in a smaller rack. 

Brilliant. Looks like a great option.

4 hours ago, Derek H said:

Yes, I had that one. Still found it too heavy. Also mine was only HD ready and I couldn’t properly watch some video feeds. Could solve that withca converter box, but it added to the list if reasons why I didn’t want it anymore. 
Still, it was big...

12 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

Licence and actual proprietary hardware (Broadway, Brooklyn, Ultimo chips, etc). The "bottom end" Behringer Dante card costs about 500 USD (Brooklyn based, I believe), so that is some kind of giveaway how low it can go, since Behringer has affordable in their DNA.

Wonder what is the split in costs of licensing vs proprietary hardware, as if it goes super mainstream (even kids in their home studio using DANTE) then perhaps the volume of sales could see hardware costs drop quite far.

2 hours ago, Patrick Farrell said:

Once Dante AV gains more adoption you could send your mix to Video Assist and bring back the camera feeds over the same cat5.

For a one stop solution this would be great. on the other hand, NDI is an open standard. No licencing fees or proprietary hardware needed.