Deity DA5 microdot adaptor.... Questions

thenannymoh

Is anyone using the Deity DA5 microdot adaptor to connect your DPA lavs with Lectrosonics transmitters? They are half the price of the DPA3056 adaptor, so I'm curious to hear anyone's experience with it (on both newer servo txs and older stuff like the um400). Thanks! 

Bought a couple of them when they came out. Paired with 4060’s/6060 they were too hot of a level as I’m assuming there isn’t any resistors in the adapters. Where normal talking on an SMv normally would be around 20 I had to set to 8 so you can imagine the issues. With 4061’s I imagine they would better. 

Ended up just going for the Dpa ones as they were the most reliable. The off brand ypa ones are alright but have had some of them die and some dead on arrival. 

6 hours ago, SYsounds said:

Bought a couple of them when they came out. Paired with 4060’s/6060 they were too hot of a level as I’m assuming there isn’t any resistors in the adapters. Where normal talking on an SMv normally would be around 20 I had to set to 8 so you can imagine the issues. With 4061’s I imagine they would better. 

Ended up just going for the Dpa ones as they were the most reliable. The off brand ypa ones are alright but have had some of them die and some dead on arrival. 

Thanks very much, this makes my decision easy...I'm sticking with the DPAs