Improperly used mics in movies and TV

JonG

THUNDERBIRDS_DINplugMicrophone1.jpegTHUNDERBIRDS_DINplugMicrophone2.jpeg

A spot of mild genius from the model builders here I think. The second picture isn't framed as well but show the mic clearly to be a DIN plug. So he's talking into the wrong end COMPLETELY ?!!

Come on then Rado, tell me when it's perfectly legitimate to address the cable end ...

Jez

On 12/14/2023 at 12:17 AM, Olle Sjostrom said:

OK but here's a weird one. This is actually a TV show that use LDCs for its primary sound, so it's basically a good looking video podcast, with actual camera operators and such, not like a Joe Rogan type deal. It's a Swedish show. I just think it's weird that they choose to have the mics like that. It's almost uncanny valley. I mean I like the sound of it, it sounds great, but there's a big disconnect with what I'm used to seeing as a TV viewer.

Utrikesbyrån.jpg

I actually kind of like this.  I don't mind the aesthetic of seeing the mics on the table, and they don't block the faces.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know it might actually be just a coincidence... I've done that too on occasion when my foremost arm is tired that I just very briefly hold the boom with the back hand and let my foremost hand down, shake it a bit and then up again. I can do that maybe for a second, not more, of course. But it looks cool in that brief second...