Wireless antenna placement in the bag

Sound

I think this is a question for a new topic:

Right now in my bag I place my wireless units so that the true diversity antennas of every unit are almost behind each other although I can still angle them slightly.

does it matter if they are in line relative to the transmitter or next to each other?

I googled for diversity antenna placement and found some hints that they should not be too close (to prevent them from acting as a single antenna) and they can be angled a bit, but I found nothing about their position being in one line or next to each other relative to the transmitter.

it looks like the dropouts can happen anywhere in the room so it doesn't really matter.

https://www.rfvenue.com/blog/2014/12/15/the-myth-of-half-wave-diversity-antenna-placemen

is this true or is there a rule saying they should be ordered in a special way?

IMG_20200516_095910.jpg

7 hours ago, mark kirchner said:

I found this wireless guide by Lectrosonics very informative.

https://www.lectrosonics.com/images/PDFs/wg2000.pdf

Thanks a lot!

intersting guide, it said something about the minimum distance of uwp-d antennas but not about the positioning in line or next to each other. Does anyone know if there is a rule to position them next to each other? For sure I can still angle them a bit to the left and right to be safe but will it improve the reception if I turn them 90 degrees?

3 hours ago, Sound said:

Thanks a lot!

intersting guide, it said something about the minimum distance of uwp-d antennas but not about the positioning in line or next to each other. Does anyone know if there is a rule to position them next to each other? For sure I can still angle them a bit to the left and right to be safe but will it improve the reception if I turn them 90 degrees?

Ideally, the antennas would be in a line parallel to the transmitters and a 1/2 wavelength or more apart. In free space this is ideal and is a nice fantasy. However, in almost any real environment, there are many reflections with signals coming from many different directions. If your particular setup needs the antennas in line, go with it. There will be no noticeable degradation of reception. As far 1/2 wavelength separation, look how close together the antennas are on the Lectro UCR411, the current flagship receiver. Reality always overcomes fantasy. 

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Thanks!!! Maybe it was a misunderstanding. I didn't talk about the angle of the antennas but their position in the bag. Do I have to turn the whole transmitter 90 degrees to have the antennas next to each other instead of in front of each other relative to the transmitter?