Nagra Stabilizer Roller

adspstv

Hello, first post here o/ 

Newcomer into the Nagra world and lead here due to my interest on sound and filmmaking.

I got a Nagra IV-S TC and just started testing it. 

My first question is a simple one, or so I hope.

The Stabilizer Roller (60hz in my case) is stuck and not spinning freely. Is there a way to (remove and) clean it? I see 3 small holes but wont risk trying to unthread bolts without knowing if the head is hexagonal, flat or even if there's a clip or similar. I don't want to force or break anything hence my post here first.

Any advice is welcomed,

Best

Aljo

The roller is held in place by three tiny slot drive (flat) screws. If you loosen them, you can pull off the roller. There are two sintered bearings inside, that are staying in place on the shaft. It shouldn´t be a problem to massage/lubricate the two bearings, as they are readily accessible when the roller cap is off.

I would recommend using PDP65 oil; it is a bit expensive, but since you will only need 1-2 drops, you can buy f.ex. 3 ml oil. That will last a long time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-ml-Sinterlagerol-Gleitlagerol-ISOFLEX-PDP65-fur-Schallplattenspieler/123864053717?hash=item1cd6df77d5:g:j7cAAOSw9ANdR1CD

Thanks, I have managed to get the roller, rolling. No need to take it out, it was perhaps just stuck cause of lack of spinning. I had pit a couple of drops of WD40 and have been moving it by hand. Now it seems to me to be free.