JWSOUNDGROUP 2.0

Jeff Wexler

I have started and built up a new community site, not really JWSOUNDGROUP 2.0 because I have no intention to end this site, but wanted to see if a new site could be of interest to our members. It is not the typical and traditional forum discussion style site, more like Facebook and other social media sites. It is less structured, posts can be quickly made and do not require figuring out which section to post in (but can be tagged with a Topic).

I am inviting anyone and everyone here to try it out  ---  unfortunately, there is no easy way to transfer your membership and login from here to the new site. Use the link below to Request to Join. Please use your real name and when you are able to sign up, post an avatar image. This is a public site, but  only registered members signed in can post and fully participate on the site. General public can, however, view the contents of the site.

LINK to Request to Join JWSOUNDGROUP

Oddly enough I was just thinking today how I was one of the last rats to jump the good ship RAMPS and belly float to JWS. I do hope, Jeff, that you do keep JWS going as cart one and it doesn't become dissipated in any way - I actually like being able to jump in and out and check topics which might be of interest. I have no idea how facebook works! Indeed - in these pubs-r-closed times I'm trying to keep my lithium footprint minimal and spend more time painting, listening and recording. And I realise catching up on your back catalogue Jeff - watched The Natural for the first time the other night, after realising it was Barry Levinson (and a few from the Hill St Blues company!) then Almost Famous a couple of days later ... so I might well be a binge watcher (listener) of Jeff for this pandemic!

So what am I saying? Keep the old boat afloat but push the dinghy out and good luck!

Cheers, Jez

No worries, I have no plan to end JWSOUND site  ---  there are still way too many people who rely on it and participate and we've been up and running since 2006. The new site will serve as an adjunct or alternative to the main site and we'll have to see if it gets any traction at all. I do plan on doing a lot of cross-posting of things of interest that happen here on the main site. Thank you so much for your long running participation and support!

Yeah, I will never oppose progress, technology, or things in general "moving forward". That said, I visit Facebook and Twitter and such sporadically with cringing unwillingness (I say this jokingly but seriously at the same time).

For anything related to our craft - I prefer this site over any of them any day 1000%. (I've been a member for 10 years, but still feel in my mind like I'm the "new guy")

All THAT said, I am curious and somewhat excited to see what JWS 2.0 potentially might bring. 

Things I like about 2.0 so far is:

- The clean interface.

- It's "closed" and only viewable for members (more privacy).

- It has a chat function.

Hopefully, it will also bring a  better search function within the site itself. Although IMO, this was never really a big problem here to begin with, if you know how to use google...

Anyway, totally supporting you, Jeff and looking forward to see what the new site will grow into!