Tony Joe White

al mcguire

I've spent part of the day exploring Jeff's new site with varying results revealing me to be the weak link.

It is frustrating to be shot down, I got to the Article button and then it slipped away.

To quote Jimmy Buffet "it was so simple it plum evaded me."

While I was doing this I was on a Tony Joe White binge, preferring the B&W TV bit where he lip sycs because to me that version is the real deal, baked in my brain in 1969.

He is primarily known as a songwriter and I find I love his versions warts and all. The feel just drips off of it. I may have posted some of these before and I'll [probably post it again.

TJ White is ground zero for Swamp Music

Yes I was listening to the king today

3 hours ago, al mcguire said:

I've spent part of the day exploring Jeff's new site with varying results revealing me to be the weak link.

It is frustrating to be shot down, I got to the Article button and then it slipped away.

Sorry you're having trouble, Al, but the new site actually handles video embeds better than this site, more reliably, etc. All you have to do is compose your post and then click on the LINK Icon and a box comes up where you paste the link  ---  the video should then show up and play nicely in the site's player. I am discovering how this site works right along with you ---  and it looks like if you're in Article Mode you are not presented with the link icon as I describe  ---  only in a regular post do you get the link icon and the box to put a link in.  In any case, really enjoyed your Tony Joe White selection here, on the site we all love. The new site  ---  well, not so much. I hope everyone gives it a chance (and remember, this site is not going away).